|Admission Specialist, Upper School, Financial Aid|
Company: Lake Highland Preparatory School
Location: Orlando, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 04/15/2021
Expire Date: 05/15/2021
Job Categories: Education
Admission Specialist, Upper School, Financial Aid|
The Admission Specialist is a frontline expert on LHP’s admission process and procedures as
well as the school’s mission, academic programs, and arts and athletic offerings. The Specialist
assists prospective parents and students who contact and visit the school. This is a fully
benefitted, full-time, 12-month position.
We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply.
● Answering questions about the LHP education via email, phone and tours
● Managing the Financial Aid process
● Acting as LHP’s Primary Designated School Official for international students
● Providing summary reports of candidates to be considered by the Admission Committee
● Scheduling and leading tours for prospective families
● Planning and executing admission events
● Maintaining a database of families/applicants that includes future and returning students
● Creating online files of all incoming admission data
● Tracking and reporting re-enrollment activity
● College degree, plus four years of experience in the admission or customer service field
● Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite including Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
● Knowledge of Google Workspace
● Excellent customer service skills, analytical abilities, and an aptitude for problem solving
● Prior experience with Veracross, ISM FAST, and SEVIS a plus
● Must possess outstanding organizational and time management skills to implement
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Demonstrate positive, friendly, and helpful behaviors, and operate effectively as part of a
This position announcement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by employees assigned to this job title and the education and skills required. This is
not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that are required or
may be required in the future.
Background Screening: LHPS conducts background checks, including fingerprinting and
drug testing and may use a third party administrator. Background checks will be performed in
compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Lake Highland Preparatory School is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Phone Number: 4072061900
About Lake Highland Preparatory School Lake Highland Preparatory School is Central Florida’s premier, private, college preparatory school for Pre-K through 12th grade. When students enter our classrooms, they meet energetic educators who are passionate about what they teach and who focus on developing the greatest potential of each student. Our classes are small, providing the optimal setting for students to be encouraged and inspired. At Lake Highland Preparatory School, students learn to question, create, challenge, analyze, and speak and write critically. They love learning, and each day we watch them reach for excellence, seek new discoveries, shine on the stage, and thrive in athletics. We not only prepare our students for success in college and beyond, but we also teach them to be compassionate leaders who make ethical decisions. Mission Within an atmosphere of love, concern, and mutual respect, Lake Highland Preparatory School is committed to instilling Christian values, inspiring patriotism, developing leaders, and preparing students for college and lifelong learning through academically challenging programs and affirming competitive experiences. Vision Lake Highland Preparatory School develops and empowers students with noble character, keen intellect, and an enduring love of learning to thrive in a highly competitive, widely collaborative and ever-changing world. The school’s “whole child” approach fosters confident, competent, and functional citizens who are intellectually, physically, emotionally, and spiritually prepared to pursue their dreams, achieve their full potential, and successfully cope with life challenges.