Company: EdPlus at Arizona State University (ASU)
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 04/19/2021
Expire Date: 06/19/2021
Job Categories: Education, Information Technology
EdPlus at Arizona State University (ASU) seeks a highly-motivated Instructional Designer to join our high-performing team to work with faculty, subject matter experts and other staff in the design and development of online courses and course materials that apply adult learning theory with instructional design methodology, while utilizing appropriate technology.
EdPlus is a unit of the ASU Enterprise focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education. We advance the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the local, national and international communities served by ASU. EdPlus.asu.edu
ASU offers a total compensation package that includes valuable employee benefits. cfo.asu.edu/benefits
• Collaboratively plan, design, develop and revise for-credit online courses and course materials to meet University and department standards.
• Identify and communicate contextual best practices for applying teaching and learning theories to curriculum design.
• Maintain and expand face-to-face and online faculty training, workshop, and seminar offerings.
• Develop training materials including job aids, online tutorials, and other multimedia materials to assist faculty with instructional design principles and the use of online teaching and learning tools.
• Recommend effective and creative use of technologies to enhance instruction and create new learning environments.
• Remain current on and evaluate emerging technologies that have potential value for online teaching and learning.
• Design, develop and implement evaluation procedures to assess the effectiveness of using technology in teaching and learning processes.
• Utilize software such as web page development, desktop publishing, image editing and presentation tools to develop custom products to meet user needs.
• Provide technology support for online teaching and learning products used by faculty, students, and staff.
• Coordinates and assumes other duties or projects as assigned or directed.
Applications will be accepted until 3:00 PM MST on May 11, 2021
Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field. Three (3) years of providing learning/instructional design and/or technology development services. Or, any equivalent combination of experience or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or a related area
• Experience in designing, developing, implementing, and revising for-credit online courses and course materials in a higher education environment
• Experience in applying learning theories to the practice of online course design and development
• Experience in designing, developing, and delivering workshops and training
• Experience in designing and developing training materials, including job aids, online tutorials, and other multimedia materials
• Experience using multiple learning management systems (Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, edX, Coursera, etc.)
• Experience in project management (managing time, establishing priorities, distributing responsibilities, meeting milestones and deliverables)
• Experience in researching and resolving technology issues
• Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in visual, oral and written forms
Company Name: EdPlus at Arizona State University (ASU)
EdPlus defines itself through a culture of curiosity, risk-taking and refusing to accept the status quo. As a central enterprise unit for ASU focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education, our commitments support the university charter. ASU is a national service university and aspires to accelerate positive social outcomes through the seamless integration of cutting-edge technological innovation and scalability. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; EdPlus at ASU will not be a sponsor for this position. Website: EdPlus.asu.edu