|Assistant to Creative Supervisor|
Company: The Jim Henson Company
Location: Long Island City, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 04/21/2021
Expire Date: 06/21/2021
Job Categories: Administrative and Support Services
Assistant to Creative Supervisor|
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF DEPARTMENT
Jim Henson's Creature Shop™ provides digital visual effects, animatronic creatures, animation and soft puppets to the international film, television, online and advertising industries and is based in Los Angeles and New York with satellite shop capabilities internationally.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• General administration of the New York Workshop, such as keeping the calendar updated with all meetings and conference calls, answering calls, and directing calls to the appropriate person.
• Manages the Creative Supervisor’s schedule as needed.
• Generates, maintains, and updates all production bibles, keeping all scripts, schedules, and artwork updated throughout pre-production; finalizes the digital and physical bibles at completion of project, including copyright photos of new work and reference photos for reproduction.
• Responsible for generating production boxes of new work, repro, as needed, to be added to storage database updates.
• Forwards copyright photos and/or reference photos as well as Pantone numbers and/or swatches and final artwork to client’s art department, if needed.
• Follows up with final photography (still and/or video) from the client for the Jim Henson Company’s reels and/or Archives.
• Responsible for purchasing, materials sourcing research, and updating vendors’ list.
• Oversees project-based shoppers as needed.
• Responsible for shipping, deliveries, and pick-ups, including scheduling transportation.
• Coordinates the preparation of Sesame Workshop’s characters for PR events, including packing the characters and scheduling their pick-up and return.
• Assists the Creative Supervisor and Project Manager with supervision of the production assistants.
• Assists the Creative Supervisor with Photographic Index of Sesame Workshop’s properties to share with their production team.
• Responsible for keeping the Index updated for Sesame Workshop.
• Generates International Tracking System for all Sesame Workshop and “Sesame Street” international characters as impacted by international shipments, loans, returns and update as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Please apply online by submitting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A one-page résumé.
• A cover letter referencing the position for which you are applying, specifically stating reasons why you are interested in the position and why you feel you would be a good fit for this position and our company. Please cite past work experience or college activities that speak to your qualifications.
NO phone calls or faxes.
The Jim Henson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Knowledge of MS Office required.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
• Familiarity with Filemaker Pro a plus.
• Attention to detail a must.
• Exceptional communication skills required.
• Self-motivation a necessity.
• Exceptional organizational skills needed.
• Ability to work in a team environment essential.
• Good research skills required.
Company Name: The Jim Henson Company
The Jim Henson Company has remained an established leader in family entertainment for over 60 years and is recognized worldwide as an innovator in puppetry, animatronics and digital animation. Best known as creators of the world-famous Muppets, Henson has received over 50 Emmy Awards and nine Grammy Awards. Recent credits include Julie’s Greenroom(Netflix), Dot. (Sprout/Hulu), Splash and Bubbles (PBS), Word Party (Netflix), Doozers (Hulu/ Sprout), and the Emmy®-nominated Sid the Science Kid (PBS), Dinosaur Train (PBS), and Pajanimals (Universal Kids). Television productions include Fraggle Rock, The Storyteller and the sci-fi cult series Farscape. Features include Disney’s Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, as well as The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, MirrorMask, and Jim Henson’s Turkey Hollow. The Company is currently in production on the upcoming Netflix original series The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. Projects in development include the highly anticipated film Fraggle Rock. With additional locations in New York and London, The Jim Henson Company is headquartered in Los Angeles on the historic Charlie Chaplin lot, complete with soundstage and postproduction facilities. The Company is home to Jim Henson’s Creature Shop™, a pre-eminent character-building and visual effects group with international film, television, theme park and advertising clients, as well as Henson Recording Studios, one of the music industry’s top recording facilities known for its world-class blend of state-of- the-art and vintage equipment. The Company’s Henson Alternative brand is currently touring Puppet-Up! – Uncensored, a live puppet improvisational show, and its feature The Happytime Murders, starring Melissa McCarthy, will be released in August 2018.