|Business Systems Analyst|
Company: University of Michigan
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/03/2021
Expire Date: 07/03/2021
Job Categories: Information Technology
Business Systems Analyst|
This position will help manage data, reporting, workflows, and systems for recruitment and admissions, and work on new projects as they arise. As a member of the Systems and Research team, the BSA will have an opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative environment with other BSAs and cross-functional teams to support the needs of Office of Undergraduate Admissions (OUA) and the University community. The successful candidate is curious and analytical, exceptionally concerned with data quality, and has the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
40% Provide production support on identified projects for OUA, the academic units, and other University offices requesting assistance. Manage process of loading prospect data, test scores, and web application files and work closely with other members of the Systems and Research Team. Enhance and maintain products with 3rd party vendors (i.e. the OUA web application, testing agencies).
40% Work with managers on recruiting, evaluating, and reporting needs. Leverage internal systems and data to answer questions and interpret data. Design and run weekly reports in support of admissions operations. Develop high quality Slate ad hoc queries to help with the recruiting focus within the office. Convert data into concise understandable reports and create user-friendly data visualizations. Play an integral role in developing dashboards, status reports, as well as ad hoc and year-over-year report analyses.
10% Develop, maintain and support documentation for data loads and other operating procedures. Audit data on a regular basis and ensure data integrity and accuracy.
10% Assist with coordination of cross-functional processes involving information systems. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
• Three years of related experience, including query/report writing, and data analysis
• Working understanding of relational database technologies, query tools, and data integration methodologies
• Proficiency with MS Access and Excel, Tableau
• Ability to construct complex SQL queries
• Ability to meet multiple competing deadlines with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability. Aptitude to identify process improvements and suggest solutions
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing and to non-technical audiences
• Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse work environment
• Familiarity with Technolutions Slate CRM, PeopleSoft or other student information system.
• Understanding of student data and reporting functions in an admissions environment
• Experience in a University setting preferably working in Admissions