|Automotive Technology Program Coordinator / Instructor|
Company: Owensboro Community and Technical College
Location: Owensboro , KY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/03/2021
Expire Date: 06/03/2021
Job Categories: Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration
Automotive Technology Program Coordinator / Instructor|
Owensboro Community and Technical College is hiring a full-time Automotive Instructor in the Manufacturing and Skilled Trades Department. Primary teaching assignments will include a variety of courses in the study of automotive such as Basic Automotive Electricity, Basic Fuel & Ignition Systems, Engine Repair, Climate Control, Electrical Systems, Computer Control Systems Diagnosis, and specialize interest areas. This position reports directly to the Department Head.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties/responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching Automotive Technology courses with a focus on ASE/NATEF certifications.
• Providing academic advising and career-related counseling for students.
• Engaging in active recruitment and retention activities.
• Maintaining an awareness of emerging technologies, trends, and issues in the field.
• Representing the program(s) to secondary schools, community partners, groups, and professional organizations.
• Participating in faculty professional development activities.
• Collaborating with business and industry for internship placement, curriculum alignment, and program advisement.
Assignments may include some evening, weekend, online, hybrid, and/or off-campus courses. Candidates must possess a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, working with a diverse population, and the community and technical college mission.
• Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Automotive Technology OR approved equivalent work experience in an automotive related field.
• Three (3) years of recent experience in the automotive field.
• Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Certified (or willingness to achieve certifications within 6 months).
Contact Email: Shanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
Owensboro Community and Technical College is a three-campus institution located along the Ohio River in Western Kentucky. OCTC is one of sixteen institutions in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and awards certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees in liberal arts and technical education. To learn more about OCTC, please visit https://owensboro.kctcs.edu/ and to learn more about Owensboro and the surrounding area, you may visit https://visitowensboro.com. Benefits: OCTC offers a variety of health plans, wellness incentives, and retirement options for full-time regular employees. Alternate benefit variations for temporary and/or part-time job types are also available. Benefit plans include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, LTD, and Supplemental Insurance plans. Wellness Programs includes incentives applied to an HRA card for healthy life choices and activities. Additional Benefits include; vacation pay, holiday pay, institutional closure pay (2 weeks), sick pay, EAP, tuition waiver & discounts, and employee discounts. Retirement plan is a Defined Contribution 403(b) plan, 5% employee contribution with 10% employer match. Visit our benefits link for more details. https://systemoffice.kctcs.edu/employees/employee_benefits_summary.aspx.