|Master Staff Instructor - Welding Fabrication (Workforce Development Liaison)|
Company: Owensboro Community and Technical College
Location: Owensboro , KY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/03/2021
Expire Date: 07/03/2021
Job Categories: Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration
Master Staff Instructor - Welding Fabrication (Workforce Development Liaison)|
Owensboro Community and Technical College is seeking applicants for a full-time, twelve-month Master Staff Instructor - Welding Fabrication for its Multi-Craft Technologist Program. The accelerated training program is project-based and offers adult students high-demand, industry credentials. Under the direction of the Multi-Craft Director, the Master Instructor will interact with team members and students to deliver competency-based instruction via hands-on projects. The successful candidate will lead daily labs, facilitate Training Modules and activities, conduct assessments, track student progress, participate in recruitment and retention activities, and fulfill reporting and other institutional expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Multi-Craft Technologist Program is designed to reflect today's just-in-time workplace. Candidates must possess the ability to teach in an interactive learning environment, including demonstrations, lab and lecture, and hands-on skills used in manufacturing. The successful candidate must have strong skills in welding, including SMAW/GMAW/GTAW, with a fabrication and light machining background preferred. The candidate must be able to follow a focused instructional timeline that prepares graduates for the fast-paced work of manufacturing.
The successful candidate will provide instruction across multiple manufacturing disciplines. The duties/responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and lead interactive/hands-on, project-based instruction within a team environment.
• Facilitate instructional training modules and monitor all student skill activities.
• Participate in student and employer recruitment events, as well as student retention activities.
• Participate in team planning meetings.
• Track student progress. Fulfill reporting requirements and other instructional expectations. Perform additional work related duties as assigned by the Vice President of Workforce Development.
• Machine Tool Operation including Manual Mill/Lathe, Band Saw/Drill Press/Belt Sanders and Fluid Power.
• Precision Measurement and Hand Tools.
• Welding - SMAW/GMAW/GTAW/ and Oxy-Acetylene.
• Industrial Safety and Material Handling.
• Blueprint Reading.
• Associate degree in a technical field and a minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience within the last 5 years or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Broad experience and high-level skills in welding, including SMAW/GMAW/GTAW.
• Fabrication background preferred.
• Experience in mentoring/training in the workplace or teaching experience beneficial.
• AWS Certificate(s) or the ability to obtain AWS Certification in Welding preferred.
Contact Email: Shanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
Owensboro Community and Technical College is a three-campus institution located along the Ohio River in Western Kentucky. OCTC is one of sixteen institutions in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and awards certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees in liberal arts and technical education. To learn more about OCTC, please visit https://owensboro.kctcs.edu/ and to learn more about Owensboro and the surrounding area, you may visit https://visitowensboro.com. Benefits: OCTC offers a variety of health plans, wellness incentives, and retirement options for full-time regular employees. Alternate benefit variations for temporary and/or part-time job types are also available. Benefit plans include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, LTD, and Supplemental Insurance plans. Wellness Programs includes incentives applied to an HRA card for healthy life choices and activities. Additional Benefits include; vacation pay, holiday pay, institutional closure pay (2 weeks), sick pay, EAP, tuition waiver & discounts, and employee discounts. Retirement plan is a Defined Contribution 403(b) plan, 5% employee contribution with 10% employer match. Visit our benefits link for more details. https://systemoffice.kctcs.edu/employees/employee_benefits_summary.aspx.