|Summer Internship, Communications & Public Affairs|
Company: Global Strategy Group
Location: Washington, DC (REMOTE), DC
Employment Type: Internship
Date Posted: 05/03/2021
Expire Date: 07/03/2021
Job Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Summer Internship, Communications & Public Affairs|
Global Strategy Group is seeking a Communications & Public Affairs Intern for Summer 2021. Our Communications & Public Affairs practice focuses on strategic communications, crisis communications, brand & message development, and grassroots campaigns. Our Internships are designed for rising college seniors and recent graduates who are motivated to jump in and take a hands-on approach to learn all aspects of the work we do for our clients.
Throughout your internship with GSG, you will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a bustling agency while contributing valuable work to the team. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
As a GSG Intern, you will work closely with the entire Communications & Public Affairs team on any number of tasks, projects, or presentations. GSG Interns are expected to be open-minded, ambitious, and professional.
Our Summer Interns must be able to commit to 40 hours of work per week. This is a paid internship.
As the Communications & Public Affairs Intern, you will be responsible to:
• Closely monitor events in the news, compile press lists, and perform background research for current and potential clients
• Prepare written materials, including press releases, FAQ sheets, draft letters, statements, memos, etc.
• Cover press events and public hearings, as well as assist in public event coordination
• Assist with digital advertising and social media, including developing social media content
• You are motivated & responsible, a natural self-starter, and someone who can execute strong work with minimal direction.
• You have excellent writing, research, and communication skills, in addition to general office administrative skills, and can work quickly and efficiently.
• You are proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, operating in an Outlook & PC world.
• You are familiar with social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other cutting-edge outlets, and have a sense of best practices within these spaces.
• You have a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• You are comfortable talking on the phone with vendors, colleagues, media, and community stakeholders. You are ready to reach out to a complete stranger and get the necessary message across!
• You have some bonus tools in your back pocket, such as knowledge of media & politics, an interest in Capitol Hill and policy, familiarity of social media monitoring and media database tools, and photoshop or design skills. These are not required, but certainly a plus!
Company Name: Global Strategy Group
Global Strategy Group, LLC Honored to be named Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, we are distinguished by our depth of talent, influential clients, and winning track record. Battle-tested in the trenches of corporate reputation management and political campaigns, we bring unrivaled commitment to every assignment. Our culture of independence, integrity, and responsiveness established by our co-founders two decades ago drives our team of nearly 100 smart, strategic, and creative professionals today. Our clients—which include Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, associations and nonprofits—rely on us for candid guidance and fast, effective execution. We provide a combination of critical thinking and on-the-ground results that many other firms talk about, but few deliver. Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At GSG, we are distinguished by our depth of talent. Our people are team players, straight shooters and problem solvers. We bring passion, energy and drive to everything we do. This all comes from our closely-held firm values, which have guided us since the day GSG opened its doors. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace provides a diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich atmosphere and are always looking for talented individuals to add to our culture. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.