|Assoc Dir Market Access Marketing, Digital Health|
Company: Otsuka Pharmaceuticals
Location: Princeton, NJ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/14/2021
Expire Date: 06/14/2021
Job Categories: Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical
Assoc Dir Market Access Marketing, Digital Health|
Otsuka Pharmaceutical is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products for the treatment of diseases and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health. In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue.
Otsuka has established itself as the leading innovator in digital medicine and digital therapeutics space for psychiatry. In 2017, Otsuka received FDA approval for first drug in the U.S. with a digital ingestion tracking system, Abilify MyCite (aripiprazole tablets with sensor). In 2019, Otsuka America, Inc., and Click Therapeutics, Inc., announced a collaboration agreement to develop and commercialize a prescription digital therapeutic for treatment of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), with the intent to address unmet medical needs among this patient population and to improve outcomes.
As Otsuka leads the way into digital medicines and therapeutics, we are looking for an established
Reimbursement leader with following responsibilities:
* Develop and execute strategic and tactical reimbursement plans for Otsuka’s FDA pipeline of Digital Therapeutics (DTx) products. This includes leading the development of innovative reimbursement solutions outside of the traditional Payer channels, exploring economic and consumer directed value propositions.
* Managing budget and agency spend, creating personal and non-personal tactics, and leading field pull-through.
* Work closely with the DTx Commercialization Lead to ensure integrated, coherent strategies that support successful commercialization.
* Anticipate impact of environmental factors (legislative, economic, clinical, advocacy, policy) on reimbursement segments to develop proactive tools and resources addressing customer needs.
* Work with Commercial Lead and Government affairs to develop reimbursement launch readiness: coding, coverage, payment for DTx portfolio
* Play a leadership role working with and coordinating cross-functionally with Brand, Field Sales, Regulatory, HEOR, Clinical, Medical and Government Affairs to develop and drive evidence generation strategies.
* Be the market access SME for business development team to expand Otsuka’s DTx portfolio
* Work closely with and engage external stakeholders to define pathways for DTx industry while ensuring competitive advantage for Otsuka
* Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 5+ years in the pharmaceutical industry with the majority of time in reimbursement and marketing.
* Must have reimbursement experience within the Digital Healthcare space
* Experience in working with alliance partners
* Proven understanding of the US commercial and government landscape, including reimbursement methodologies, pricing/reimbursement authorities’ decision-making process, and current reimbursement issues
* Proven experience leading cross functional teams to develop/execute successful, differentiated strategies that establish value and access in a complex market.
* Demonstrated strong Emotional Intelligence, people and organizational leadership, skills strategic thinking, driving results and customer orientation.
* Must have solid communications skills (written and verbal) and the ability to lead critical business discussions at all levels of the organization
* Preferred: Experience establishing reimbursement and pathways for innovative medical devices at launch and execution
* Preferred: Experience establishing direct to consumer reimbursement mechanisms for APP based technology.