|Executive Director - Youth Connect|
Company: Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston
Location: Boston, MA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/17/2021
Expire Date: 07/17/2021
Job Categories: Development and Fund Raising
Executive Director - Youth Connect |
YouthConnect is a program of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston in partnership with the Boston Police Department. YouthConnect addresses the complex and unique needs of high-risk urban youth (and their families) who are referred to the program by Boston Police officers. Using YouthConnect’s four-tier service model, social workers develop and provide appropriate intervention and treatment strategies including: referrals to community-based agencies, clinical case management, individual and family therapy, parental guidance, and advocacy.
The Executive Director provides leadership to the YouthConnect team and oversight overall, clinical, programmatic, financial, and administrative aspects of YouthConnect. This position upholds the vision of the program’s short and long-term goals, values, and culture. It is the task of the Executive Director to implement that vision in concert with YouthConnect’s Senior Team and Advisory Board. The Executive Director directly supervises the Clinical Director and Director of Operations, the Assistant Director of Development and Marketing and the Development and Administrative Assistant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Provide direct supervision to the Clinical Director, Director of Operations, Assistant Director of Development and Marketing and the Development and Administrative Assistant and retain and motivate entire YouthConnect team
· Create strategy and implementation plan for program growth and strategic goals, including needs for expansion across Boston.
· Maintain overall quality of all YouthConnect services while adhering to social work professional values, ethics, and policies.
· Create and manage annual budget of approximately $1.1 million that includes multiple funding sources.
· Develop and implement an annual comprehensive fundraising strategy that includes prospects, individual donors, corporations, foundations, and events. Coordinate with BGCB’s Development team and Advisory Board to raise necessary funds to sustain and grow program.
· Plan, develop and secure sponsors for YouthConnect’s annual fundraisers, including Unity Weekend and the Partnership Breakfast.
· Maintain relationships with city officials and strengthen partnership with the Boston Police Department, particularly with the Commissioner and command staff.
· Develop strategies to advocate at higher levels and provide feedback to policy makers and city and state agencies to improve the coordination and delivery of services to high-risk Boston youth.
· Facilitate new and existing partnerships with law enforcement, schools, juvenile justice and child welfare and health care providers, and youth development professionals, in and around Boston, to address the needs of high-risk youth and families by advocating to improve polices and coordinating service delivery.
· Maintain ongoing relationships with YouthConnect Advisory Board members and convene bi-monthly meetings of the Board.
· Track and assess programmatic trends, data, and outcomes to guide fundraising, marketing, and programmatic initiatives of YouthConnect.
· Lead weekly senior management team meetings and staff meeting for all program staff, as needed
· Assist in the hiring of all new staff.
· Participate in BGCB Board of Director meetings and serve on one committee.
· Serve as member of BGCB’s Leadership Team participating in organizational-wide planning, addressing culture, staff supports and IDE (inclusion, diverse, equity) initiatives.
· Master’s Degree in a related field
· Minimum 7+ years of supervisory experience
· 10+ years’ work experience with high-risk urban youth and their families
· Prior experience leading teams and setting strategy
· Public Speaking skills
· Demonstrated fundraising experience
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team as well as being highly self-directed
· Excellent written, verbal & organizational skills
· Ability to create and maintain working alliances and partnerships with multiple disciplines, agencies, and partners
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable
· Demonstrated ability to work across cultures, ethnic backgrounds, and socio-economic groups
Company Name: Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston
Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston (BGCB), is the city’s leading youth services organization serving Boston’s youth since 1893. The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston is to help young people, especially those who need us most, build strong character and realize their full potential as responsible citizens and leaders.