|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Research Assistant II, Nephrology|
Company: Vanderbilt Health
Location: Nashville, TN
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/14/2021
Expire Date: 11/13/2021
Job Categories: Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Education, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration, Research & Development, Medical
Research Assistant II, Nephrology|
Research Assistant II
The Division of Nephrology and Hypertension at Vanderbilt University Medical Center has a long and notable history of studying the pathophysiology of and developing potential therapies for the prevention and treatment of kidney disease. With over 70 active faculty comprised of innovative, internationally recognized basic and clinical researchers and active clinicians working in state-of-the-art facilities, our contributions are validated through high-impact publications, strong federal and non-federal grant funding, and a robust clinical program that provides cutting-edge comprehensive care across the spectrum of kidney disease.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children’s Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
· Among the nation’s 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
· named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
· One of only 10 children’s hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
· The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
· Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
· 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry or a closely related field is required and a Minimum of 2 years of research experience in a laboratory environment. Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to work in a timely-manner and in precision and accuracy Ability and willingness to manage multiple concurrent projects
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands: