Location: King of Prussia, PA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/10/2021
Expire Date: 08/10/2021
Job Categories: Development and Fund Raising
Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Manager serves as a part of the Greater Delaware Valley Chapter’s peer to peer (P2P) program team. The Development Manager supports the overall strategic direction and management of the Ride to Cure Diabetes program. This individual manages a portfolio of 100+ riders and volunteers and is responsible for raising budgeted revenue through the Ride to Cure Diabetes program. The Development Manager also supports the One Walk program by maintaining and managing a portfolio of teams, individual walkers and key chapter stakeholders. Under the direction of the Development Director, and in partnership with the National Walk Team and volunteer leadership, contributes to the overall P2P Program fundraising goal of more than $1.4 million, with expectations to develop the strategies to grow the programs year to year.
In addition, this position is responsible for a variety of comprehensive development functions that correspond to the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects and donors to create and enhance a donor and volunteer pipeline. This position maintains and manages a mid-level donor portfolio utilizing a dedicated donor relations strategy.
The Development Manager works with the entire chapter team to ensure that fundraising and non-fundraising goals of JDRF grow through increased corporate, family and volunteer involvement.
· In partnership with the Development Director, develops a comprehensive participant and donor relations strategy.
· Manages recruitment, fundraising and stewardship of all participants in assigned portfolio.
· Meets registration and fundraising goals for returning and new walk family, walk corporate and school teams and riders.
· Provides fundraising coaching expertise to assigned portfolio focusing on fundraising best practices and tactics, helps accessing and using fundraising tools and motivation for success.
· Supports corporate sponsorship efforts including renewals, identifying prospects, creating and delivering proposals, engaging company employees in team participation, and year-round stewardship.
· In partnership with Development Director and peer Development Manager, develops a communication plan to engage and steward all participants utilizing email, phone calls, texting, etc.
· Participates in the development and execution of marketing and promotional plans for all P2P programs to help identify new prospects for the Program and Chapter.
· Coordinates the recruitment, engagement, stewardship and deployment of volunteers that support JDRF through committees, office projects and event day activities.
· Avidly utilizes CRM platform (Salesforce) to track portfolio and moves management progress.
· Strategically and consistently utilizes CRM data management tool to maximize efficiency and effective tracking of donor pipeline.
· Provides frequent financial input including budget building, updates, forecasts and revenue reports.
· Collaborates with national/regional staff resource teams and other JDRF chapters to discuss best practices and share ideas.
· Maintains a good understanding of JDRF’s mission and research efforts.
· Supports and demonstrates commitment to the vision, mission, priorities and guiding principles of JDRF. Understands and serves as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the chapter.
· Supports other fundraising events, chapter activities and programs as assigned.
4 years of successful P2P event fundraising experience.
Ability to work on projects independently and have strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve and multi-task.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong public speaking/presentation skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills. Ability to build rapport with participants, donors, volunteers and the public.
Enjoys working on a team and is adaptable. Sense of humor a plus!
Computer literate with experience in CRM (Luminate Online, Salesforce preferred) and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to work some nights and weekends to support all P2P programs and chapter events.
Ability to travel locally across the chapter territory.
Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
Company Name: JDRF
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org. JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.