|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Assistant Scientist (Cancer Biology Research)|
Company: University of Miami
Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/11/2021
Expire Date: 07/11/2021
Job Categories: Science
Assistant Scientist (Cancer Biology Research)|
About This Position
The Department of Surgery at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, has an exciting opportunity for a full time Assistant Scientist to work in the lab of Dr. Nipun Merchant. Dr. Merchant's Lab focuses on projects that will improve our understanding of pancreatic cancer biology. To support project objectives, the Assistant Scientist will perform experiments in molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, and cancer biology and oversee the maintenance of the laboratory. The Assistant Scientist will be working as part of a cross-institutional team that will include mentoring graduate and undergraduate students and post-doctoral associates.
* Contributes to basic and applied research activities and authors scientific publications, technical and agency reports, and patent preparations.
* Collaborates with senior staff to publish findings in referenced journals.
* Designs and conducts experiments and analyzes results.
* Works with other researchers to use and develop end products.
* Writes extramural proposals with approval from appropriate senior staff.
* Provides ready access to all experimental data for managing staff.
* Requests or acquires equipment and supplies for assigned project(s).
* Uses the internet, surveys, legal documents, and other available sources to collect information.
* Applies for grants to continue research and prepares materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations.
* Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
* Ph.D., M.D., or other doctoral-level degree
* One year of relevant experience
* Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
* Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
* Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law.