|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
Company: University of Miami
Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/11/2021
Expire Date: 07/11/2021
Job Categories: Science
Research Assistant |
The Department of Ophthalmology has an exciting opportunity for a temporary Research Assistant. The Research Assistant contributes with research investigators by providing research and experimentation support while following established protocols. Further, the Research Assistant performs a clerical role to ensure the smooth operations of office facilities.
* Sets up and operates various scientific apparatus and makes minor repairs.
* Prepares correspondence and answers phones.
* Formulates and maintains bibliographies and completes applications and forms. Orders laboratory supplies and maintains culture media reagents.
* Reviews and edits various materials for publication, and prepares publication schedules. Maintains appropriate logs, records, and study notebooks.
* Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
* Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
* Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
* Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
* Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
* Commitment to the University’s core values.
* Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment
* Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.