|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
Company: University of Miami
Location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/11/2021
Expire Date: 07/11/2021
Job Categories: Education
Office Assistant |
The Department of Facilities has an exciting opportunity for a temporary part-time Office Assistant to work in Miami, FL.
The Office Assistant supports the office operations by receiving and distributing communications, maintaining supplies and equipment, picking up and delivering items, and responding to general requests.
Sorts and distributes communications in a timely manner. Serves as back up to other support staff in the office. Creates and updates records ensuring the accuracy and validity of information. Schedules and organizes office appointments, meetings, and events, as needed. Troubleshoots office equipment and advises leadership of any technical issues. Answers, routes, and transfers calls, responding to routine questions as appropriate. Uses a computer to enter data, sort and gather information. Organizes and maintains office filing and storage systems; retrieves information as appropriate. Maintains the cleanliness of the office. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
* High school diploma or equivalent
Certification and Licensing:
* Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
* General knowledge of office procedures and operations.
* Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence.
* Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
* Ability to understand and follow instructions.
* Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
* Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
Department Specific Functions
Assists in Wastewater sampling for discharges from industrial and commercial sources that may contain pollutants at levels that could affect the quality of receiving waters or interfere with publicly owned treatment works (POTWs) that receive those discharges.
Assists in conducting integrity testing and routinely inspections of aboveground bulk storage containers with a capacity of 55 gallons or more including but not limited to:
* Large (field-constructed or field-erected) and small (shop-built) bulk storage containers.
* Containers located on, partially in (partially buried, bunkered, or vaulted tanks)
* and off the ground wherever located; and Double-walled containers.
Assists in the sampling of Effluent limits which dictate the amount of any given type of pollutant that may be discharged.
Assistants in the following processes following hazardous materials training:
* The introduction of new chemicals or processes.
* The removal of processes, tanks or chemicals.
* Moving an operation or storage indoors or outdoors.
* Changes in personnel who have an active role in the Plan.