|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Assistant Strength Coach|
Company: University of Miami
Location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/11/2021
Expire Date: 07/11/2021
Job Categories: Education
Assistant Strength Coach |
The Athletics Department has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Assistant Strength Coach to work in Coral Gables, FL.
The Assistant Strength Coach is responsible for assisting in enhancing the physical and mental development of student-athletes through established training programs that intensify the physical strength and cardiovascular conditioning of the student-athlete.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists head strength coach in the implementation of the strength and conditioning program for all varsity athletes. Designs and implements year round strength and conditioning programs for sports programs as assigned by the Head Strength Coach.
* Assists head strength coach with the continuing education of all student-athletes in the areas of nutrition, supplementation, and ergogenic aids.
* Assists head trainer/medical staff with rehabilitative programs.
* Assists with the maintenance of all equipment and the enforcement of all rules and regulations.
* Assists in the testing and evaluation of all student-athletes and maintains appropriate records.
* Remains current in the field of strength and conditioning by continually reviewing all appropriate literature and attending conferences and seminars as time and budget permits.
* Maintains a continuing and thorough knowledge of all applicable University, departmental, and NCAA rules and regulations and complies with those rules and regulations.
* Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and certain holidays depending on schedule.
* Performs special duties as requested by the Head Strength Coach.
* Responsible for maintaining compliance and certification with NCAA, Atlantic Coast Conference, institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors degree in a related field. Masters preferred
Work Experience Requirements:
* Two years of experience in a collegiate strength and conditioning environment preferred