|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
Company: University of Miami
Location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/11/2021
Expire Date: 07/11/2021
Job Categories: Education
Administrative Assisant |
The School of Law has an exciting opportunity for a temporary Administrative Assistant to work in Coral Gables, FL.
The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of clerical functions and office support activities for assigned department(s) to facilitate the efficient operations of the office.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Director of Development and the Annual Fund
Core Job Functions
* Supports department and leadership with daily administrative/clerical tasks
* Prepares reports, charts and other presentation materials.
* Composes and types correspondence, such as informative materials; creates spreadsheets and presentations.
* Answers phone calls, provides information to callers or connects callers to appropriate staff/departments.
* Greets and provides general support to visitors.
* Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
* Will support the Alumni/Development Office team with the production of profiles and other research as needed and the coding of information in the central RE System
* Will work closely with the Central Advancement IT staff in producing financial reports and research prospects and suspects prior to solicitation visits.
* Will handle all requests for downloads, reports, mailing lists etc. / queries from the central RE system to provide mailing lists and other needed reports and data needed to support fundraising activities and alumni and donor engagement events.
* Will be required to provide staff support for the Alumni and Development events and board meetings when needed.
* Coordinates the processing of transmittals and all donations received by the SOL and the production of gift acknowledgement congratulatory notes on behalf of the Dean of the School of Law working closely with the Dean’s Office .
* Creates original copy and content for publishing online and in print. This includes but is not limited to; Law alumni class notes, In Memoriams, Save the Dates, Alumni related announcements, Event invitations
* Prepares and analyzes giving reports documents to assist the Director of Development with strategy and follow up
* Enters brick order information online using vendor’s website and ensures accurate transcription and production of purchased bricks.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Education/Experience: High School and minimum (two) 2 years’ work related experience. Must have excellent writing/editing skills and experience.
* General Knowledge of office procedures and operations
* Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written form
* Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships
* Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion
* Ability to work in a faced-paced environment; attention to detail and proficiency
* Flexibility – position requires some evenings and weekend schedule
* Knowledge of CRM fundraising software currently used by the University desirable
* Background in Accounting, Bookkeeping is helpful.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook