|Assistant Director of Marketing|
Company: University of Iowa-Athletics
Location: Iowa City, IA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/11/2021
Expire Date: 08/11/2021
Job Categories: Sports and Recreation
Assistant Director of Marketing|
Classification Title/Code: Marketing Specialist – PMM2
Working Title: Assistant Director of Marketing
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Staff Type: Professional & Scientific
Type of Position: Regular 100% time; Probationary; FLSA Exempt
Pay Level: 4A
Salary Range: $42,984 to $53,500
Apply By: June 24, 2021 (14 days from date of posting)
The University of Iowa Department of Athletics seeks applications for a self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the knowledge, ability and interpersonal skills required to serve as Assistant Director of Marketing. This is a full-time position that includes full University benefits and requires frequent travel, work in the evenings, on weekends and holidays.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, create and implement marketing and advertising plans that aggressively and proactively enhance the outreach efforts of the Department and maximize the opportunities to generate revenue through the sale of season and single-event tickets for athletics events; assist with marketing efforts for assigned sports; work with media rights holder; work with video and graphic design staff on all branding content; oversee internal logistics for game day productions; develop and create content for digital use and video board; strategize and develop website pages and content for Hawkeyesports.com; help manage email marketing efforts; help manage social media content; serve as one of the department’s liaisons to the UI Athletics Ticket Office and Hawkeye Ticket Solutions; perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant AD for Marketing & Fan Engagement.
The University of Iowa is a NCAA Division I Power Five institution and a member of the Big Ten Conference. The Department of Athletics manages 21 varsity sports programs and related events with a workforce of approximately 200 regular employees and 300 temporary employees. Athletics is a people-centric organization that operates under a “Win. Graduate. Do It Right.” philosophy. For more information regarding Athletics, please see hawkeyesports.com.
Benefits Highlights: Excellent fringe benefit package including paid vacation and sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., marketing, business, communications), or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• At least one year of full-time sports marketing experience (student work experience will be counted at 50%)
• Working knowledge of and the ability to:
o Develop and perform specific tasks related to marketing and advertising plans for a sport
o Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, through exemplary customer service to all constituents
o Create, manage, and schedule effective social media content
o Work constructively and collaboratively in a diverse and highly regulated team environment, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trusting relationships
• Proficiency in using basic office support software (such as Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suite)
• A valid U.S. driver’s license and the ability to meet The University of Iowa Fleet Safety Program driving standards
• Master’s degree in related field
• Experience with and knowledge of successful strategies for marketing, game day production and ticket sales at the NCAA Division I level
• Working knowledge of and ability to:
o Effectively supervise and manage part-time staff to achieve goals and objectives
o Utilize email platforms to enhance marketing efforts (please specify software used).
o Successfully update website content (please specify website providers used)
Application Instructions: Visit our website at https://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for keyword “Marketing”. Only applications submitted at https://jobs.uiowa.edu will be accepted.
• Applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a relevant file to the submission. Applications without both a cover letter and resume will be considered incomplete and ineligible for consideration.
• Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
• The successful candidates will be subject to credential and criminal background checks. and a review of their driving record.
• Five professional references will be required at a later step in the recruitment process.
• As a part of the University of Iowa’s review of your application and consistent with its policies and practices, the University may access and/or view information about you that is job-related and publicly available on the internet, including but not limited to information on social media sites. The access, viewing and/or use of such information is governed by the University’s Policy on Human Rights, as well as state and federal law.
For questions or additional information, please contact Lori Neu at email@example.com
Company Name: University of Iowa-Athletics
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Iowa is a Big Ten, nationally ranked research university with 30,000 students located in Iowa City. A vibrant community boasting excellent public schools, safe, comfortable neighborhoods, affordable housing, a highly educated population, and numerous cultural, recreational and sporting opportunities and events contribute to the Iowa City area frequently appearing high on the best-places-to-live listings. Go to https://jobs.uiowa.edu/working-at-iowa to learn more. The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, status as a U.S. veteran, service in the U.S. military, sexual orientation, gender identity, associational preferences, or any other classification that deprives the person of consideration as an individual.