|Head of Information and Cyber Security (Remote)|
Company: Accion Opportunity Fund
Location: San Jose, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/15/2021
Expire Date: 08/15/2021
Job Categories: Information Technology
Head of Information and Cyber Security (Remote)|
Reporting to the SVP – Service, Operations & IT Support, the Head of Cyber & Information Security is
the most senior level role responsible for all information and cybersecurity aspects across Accion
Opportunity Fund (AOF).
In this role, you will be responsible for the vision, strategy, and execution of AOF’s cyber, information
security and compliance program. As such, you will develop and execute on intelligence-led security
programs to protect and respond to cyber security threats (offensive and defensive). You will lead all
aspects of setting strategies, maintaining effective risk management policies and practices, and
managing internal and external (third-party) teams.
You will work closely with the business, its technology, and operations groups as well as partners and
vendors to ensure policies, requirements and controls are planned, developed, and implemented. The role will assume an SME level expectation for security guidance, approvals, design, and integration of
consistent security solutions across corporate and cloud environments.
Functions and Responsibilities:
• Lead the overall Cyber Security program to include maintaining a multi-year strategy/roadmap,
obtaining key stakeholder sponsorship, establishing governance, and driving the repeatable
delivery of outcomes.
• Ensure that the cyber and information security program remains continuously up to date to face
both an ever-changing security threat landscape and evolving regulatory landscape.
• Operate, assess for risk, and mature key Cyber Security programs to include: Security
Consulting/Architecture, Product Security, Networking, Security Operations Center, Detection
Validation & Modeling, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Network Filtering, Data Security, Endpoint
Security, Vulnerability Management, Application Security, and Identity & Access Management
• Set up the process for continual review of company's security posture, gaps assessment and
defining, implementing, and monitoring a corrective action plan.
• Remain current and lead compliance with all federal and state cybersecurity regulatory
requirements, including FDIC/FFIEC, GLBA, CISA, SHIELD Act, etc.
• Act as information security expert to all levels within the organization and across IT and business
project teams to identify potential threats and offer solutions and technologies in support.
• Support assessments of critical security controls for the company’s datacenter and cloud-based
applications and remediate security gaps.
• Work with teams across AOF to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitate and
complete integration into the application environments.
• Support activities related to information security including RFI responses, contract negotiations
or partner-led security assessments.
• Conduct on-boarding and due diligence analysis of potential vendors, service providers and
• Internal audit and compliance testing, documentation, and follow-up.
• Prioritization, time management and strong communication skills are essential for this role.
Highly qualified candidates will share Accion Opportunity Fund’s commitment to its mission and will
embody the organization’s core values bringing a broad range of skills and experience including, but
not limited to:
• Proven experience in engaging with executive and board member committee’s such as the Audit
Committee and Risk Committee as well as the Board of Directors. MUST be able to establish
themselves as the credible SME when providing report outs on progress around InfoSec
• Extensive experience in architecting and engineering complex security solutions utilizing and
interpreting models to implement company policies and standards globally.
• Ability to cultivate an Information Security culture within the organization.
• Conversant in cybersecurity, assurance, and audit standards/models/frameworks such as COSO,
SOC 2, NIST CSF, etc.
• Broad technical security skills in multiple technology areas such as applications deployments,
endpoints, data, infrastructure, cloud, DNS, encryption, authentication.
• Experience with securing cloud environments both public and private.
• Ability to develop and document methods, standards, and guidelines.• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field or a combination of
education and experience will be considered.
• 5-10 years of experience in a purely information security role
• 3-5 years of experience in a technical, hands-on role (IT, network, development, etc.)
• CISSP, CISA, CISM certification (or similar) is desirable, although not a requirement.
Contact Name: Magda Ibrahim
Company Name: Accion Opportunity Fund
Small businesses uplift communities and anchor local economies, while creating opportunities for themselves, their families, their employees, and our neighborhoods. Yet entrepreneurs who are people of color, women, and immigrants often struggle to secure capital and resources, as they are systematically shut out from traditional financing. Accion Opportunity Fund is an unparalleled financial support system that provides these small business owners with access to capital, networks, and coaching. We work to build inclusive and accessible options for these determined business owners. For over 25 years we have served a client base that is nearly 90% women, people of color, or immigrants. In addition to providing resources and loans to small businesses, we also conduct original research, advocate for policy changes, and finance community construction projects in low-income neighborhoods through our New Markets Tax Credit program. Together, we are building a diverse, vibrant community where opportunity, knowledge, and access to capital are within reach. For more information about us, visit https://aofund.org/