|Grants Manager - Incentives|
Company: Virginia Economic Development Partnership
Location: Richmond, VA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/16/2021
Expire Date: 08/16/2021
Job Categories: Government and Policy
Grants Manager - Incentives|
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced Grants Manager to oversee implementation of the Virginia Business Ready Sites Program, as well as grants offered through the Virginia Brownfields Restoration and Economic Redevelopment Assistance Fund (VBAF) and the Collaborative Economic Development Act of GO Virginia.
This position will manage multiple concurrent grant programs, with budgets ranging from $1M to $20M annually. The Grants Manager will also provide support to other Divisions within VEDP to identify and apply for additional grants to help Virginia develop additional industrial sites for business expansion.
This position is part of the Incentives Division which reviews, vets, tracks, and coordinates economic development incentives administered by VEDP and those offered by the Commonwealth or a locality in conjunction with VEDP.
VEDP was created by the Virginia General Assembly in 1995 to encourage, stimulate and support development and expansion of the Commonwealth’s economy. Like the special Commonwealth that it serves, VEDP has long been regarded as among the best in the country.
• Administer site development grant programs to include managing application processes, reimbursement requests, compliance reports, and program budgets
• Work directly with Virginia localities and/or businesses, in collaboration with colleagues across VEDP Divisions, to advise potential applicants on how to utilize grant resources
• Develop and maintain grant documentation and materials including application forms, reimbursement forms, and program guidelines
• Coordinate executive-level meetings to evaluate applications and make funding decisions
• Track performance for all agreements and notify grantees in advance of reporting deadlines
• Manage grant reporting by gathering data from participating localities and/or businesses, calculating results, and reporting regularly on grant performance
• Review reimbursement requests from grant participants and approve reimbursement payments according to VEDP guidelines
• Track outcomes to evaluate program return on investment (ROI) and to identify opportunities for program improvement
• Stay up to date on best practices for grant management and proactively support other division programs
• Considerable knowledge of grant management, economic development and/or industrial real estate preferred
• Ability to operate in a strong team environment to achieve focused and established goals
• Experience effectively communicating with state, regional, and local officials, private-sector partners, and other stakeholders such as engineers, architects, contractors, developers, and businesses
• Demonstrated ability to proactively and independently manage multiple priorities
• Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, and implement projects; negotiate and resolve problems; and formulate and communicate recommendations
• Ability to analyze data and prepare reports with narrative and graphic depictions of findings
• Significant experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Exceptional English grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, in business related field preferred.
• Basic Economic Development Course preferred
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A valid Virginia driver’s license is required. Salary commensurate with experience. Review of applications will begin on June 28, 2021, and continue until the position is filled.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or firstname.lastname@example.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.
Contact Email: email@example.com
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) was created by the Virginia General Assembly in 1995 to encourage, stimulate, and support development and expansion of the Commonwealth’s economy. To accomplish these objectives, the Partnership focuses on business recruitment, expansion, and international trade. VEDP has offices in Virginia, Germany, Japan, and South Korea.