|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Research Associate 2 (Psychology)|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/23/2021
Expire Date: 07/23/2021
Job Categories: Education
Research Associate 2 (Psychology)|
The Department of Psychology in the College of Arts & Sciences is seeking a full-time Research Associate 2 to join Dr. Youngmee Kimís FAMILY Lab. The FAMILY lab examines the psychosocial, physical, and spiritual impact of cancer on the family and develops programs and services to assist families in meeting their needs. The Research Associate will have a Bachelorís degree in Psychology, Public Health, or other related field. Work experience related to psycho-oncology research or research involving adults with chronic physical illness will be preferred. Candidate should be phlebotomist licensed or licensable.
As detailed below, the responsibilities of the Research Associate will include the coordination of research projects, management of data collection, and participation in publication of research results. The Research Associateís primary responsibility will be to identify , recruit, and retain research participants, and to collect psychological and biobehavioral data. Successful applicants have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be highly organized, pay attention to details, be motivated, and work independently as well as with others in a research environment. Knowledge and understanding of research methodology, psycho-oncology, basic statistics, and concepts of cultural competency required. English/Spanish fluency (both verbal and written) are preferred to serve the research population.
Candidates should include a cover letter with their application.
* Bachelorís degree in Psychology, Public Health or other related field
* Two or more years of experience in a research setting
* Contributes to basic and applied research activities by collecting and analyzing data, maintaining databases, etc.
* Understands and interprets research protocols and procedures
* Participates in the publication of research results.
* Ensures all research is undertaken according to good research practice and guidance.
Lab Specific Responsibilities:
* Identify, recruit, and retain eligible cancer patients and their family members (research participants).
* Collect psychological and biobehavioral data from eligible participants across three assessment points.
* Manage and report enrollment and retention of study participants
* Assist the Principal Investigator (PI) in establishing and facilitating a network of medical professionals who help refer eligible research participants to the study and assist in maintaining the relationship until the completion of the longitudinal study.
* Serve as liaison among the PI, medical professionals and student interns.
* Assist the PI in revising study materials, if necessary. Oversee the IRB process and ensure that the highest ethical standards are followed in research activities.
* Perform basic data analyses and be involved in annual progress reports.
* Assist PI with management and reporting of the study budget.
* Assist PI with the management of undergraduate research assistants
* Act as phlebotomist obtaining specimens from research participants as part of research protocol