|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Occupational Therapist 1|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/23/2021
Expire Date: 07/23/2021
Job Categories: Healthcare, Other
Occupational Therapist 1 |
The Department of Physical Therapy is currently seeking an Occupational Therapist 1.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for the following:
* Perform evaluation on new patients, establish goals and develop appropriate treatment plans with the patient in accordance with UHealth patient care policies and based on standards of practice established by the AOTA.
* Provide occupational therapy treatment in accordance with the established treatment plan effectively and efficiently. Demonstrate knowledge and ability to apply therapeutic principles and practices. Skillfully and safely progress patients through the levels of treatment within the maximum capabilities of the patient.
* Document all evaluations, treatments and other pertinent patient interactions in accordance with UHealth policy.
* Provide relevant education to the patient and/or family regarding the patientís condition and instruction for home activities.
* Develop and maintain effective communication with the patient, family and other members of the rehabilitation team.
* Communicate with physicians and their staff directly, or electronically, by phone, or in writing. Obtain necessary additional information and suggest revisions in treatment as appropriate.
* Use treatment tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
* Maintain a satisfactory level of productivity according to clinical standards and demonstrate willingness to adjust personal schedule in case of crisis and real clinic need.
* Participate in quality and safety improvement activities as directed by the Satellite / Facility Clinical Coordinator.
* Orient, instruct and direct work activities for assistants and support personnel.
* Supervise and instruct physical therapy students according to professional guidelines.
* Provide or participate in educational programs for staff, patients and the community at large.
* Participate in program development and marketing efforts as directed by the Satellite / Facility Clinical Coordinator.
* Actively pursue professional growth through affiliation with professional occupational therapy associates, workshop attendance and conferences.
* Understand and follow UHealth policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as directed by the Satellite / Facility Clinical Coordinator, or Associate Chair for Clinical Service.
* Graduate from a program approved by the AOTA, and shall hold a current state license as applicable. The Occupational Therapist shall be responsible for maintaining standards of professional and ethical practice according to AOTA guidelines in the full scope of occupational therapy services.
* State of Florida Occupational Therapy license is required. CPR is required
* Good written and verbal communication skills.