|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|(Part-Time) Postdoctoral Associate (Reconstructive Surgery)|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Part Time
Date Posted: 06/23/2021
Expire Date: 07/23/2021
Job Categories: Science
(Part-Time) Postdoctoral Associate (Reconstructive Surgery)|
About This Position
The Department of Surgery at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, has an exciting opportunity for a part time Postdoctoral Associate. This position will focus on establishing a new shared clinical research fellowship between the programs in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Breast Surgery.
* Assist with the organization and management of sponsored research projects
* Assist with inception of related research protocols and help guide them through to study completion
* Obtain IACUC and IRB approvals, grant application, and animal and human subject research
* Maintain research records in accordance with, Federal, State and University of Miami policies & procedures
* Assist with audits from internal and external agencies to include the University of Miami - Office of Research Compliance, Industry Regulatory Officials
* Assist with protocols, and manuscript preparations and extensions related to awards in Plastic Reconstructive and Breast Surgery
* Aid in recording, entering, and organizing data and the analysis of data collection
* Perform procedures associated with research protocols
* Help prepare PowerPoint research presentations and edit program content
* Collaborate with clinical research organizations and clinical sponsors including but not limited to: government agencies and other health care organizations
* Coordinate research meetings and attend educational conferences of the division
* Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual grant progress reports
* Develop hypotheses, establish databases, write grants and IRB proposals, collect and secure data, and perform analysis and manuscript writing
* Assist in establishing a basic science lab
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
* Ph.D. or other doctoral degree in a basic science or health discipline
* Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
* Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
* Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
* One year of experience in Graduate Medical Education - Surgery
* Strong computer skills; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with clinical staff and patients for the ethical conduct of human subjectís research
* Working knowledge of data management and analysis. Experience with Electronic Medical Record systems and data management
* Candidate must be organized and able to work independently under the direction of a Principal Investigator
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.