|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/23/2021
Expire Date: 07/23/2021
Job Categories: Medical
Administrative Assistant |
The Department of Urology has an exciting opportunity for a full time Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
* Completes assignments requiring the collection, and organization of data; may provide analysis.
* Serves as an information resource regarding department and program policies, procedures, and operational functions.
* Answers patient calls and on-line messages and assists in resolving requests (i.e. prescription refills, pre-authorizations, etc.)
* Schedules patient visits, procedures, etc.
* Maintains calendar, types, provides routine and general clerical support or medical-related support
* Answers telephones, takes messages, answers routine questions, and transfers calls to appropriate individuals.
* Greets visitors and callers, handles their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
* Composes correspondence
Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Three (3) to Five (5) years of progressive related experience.
* Knowledge of routine office practices and procedures.
* Knowledge of medical terminology and electronic medical records system
* Ability to utilize computerized information systems.
* Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy and a reasonable rate of speed.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
* Skill in data entry or typing
* Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.