|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Clinical Business Operations Representative|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/23/2021
Expire Date: 07/23/2021
Job Categories: Medical
Clinical Business Operations Representative|
The Department of Medicine has an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Business Operations Representative. The Clinical Business Operations Representative will work in conjunction and under the supervision of the Clinical Business Operations Supervisor to facilitate the prompt resolution of problems that arise in daily clinical operations, as these pertain to pre and post patient care specifically prescription refills, medical supply requests and medication prior authorizations. The incumbent on this position will perform all secretarial and receptionist functions necessary for the complete and efficient management of patient prescriptions and medical supply requests. Using the standard greeting and appropriate telephone etiquette, he/she will answer all incoming telephone lines in a timely fashion adhering to divisional and departmental service standards related to telephone access to ensure that patients, referring physicians, and other customers can easily access the department by telephone. He/she will also assist patients in a manner that promotes the perception that the staff is courteous, efficient and interested in their healthcare and will treat all patients with dignity and professionalism.
* Responsible for all post visit care.
* Answer calls.
* Retrieve messages and return calls within 48 hours.
* Appointment confirmations.
* Manage and resolve UChart messages.
* Submit lab order requests to provider.
* Scan medical documentation into UChart.
* Process prescription refills.
* Process authorizations for medications and procedures.
* Process authorizations for patient having diagnostic testing at an external facility.
* Process medical supply requests by completing insurance forms and providing medical documentation.
* Process and mail post visit patient letters.
* Handle appointment escalation requests. Schedule appointments as needed.
* Schedule bone density appointments.
* Obtain visit authorization if necessary.
* Scan DXA report into UChart.
* Endocrine Testing Center schedule.
* Serve as the liaison between patient and provider.
* Take care of all patient requests.
* Take care of all clinical faculty requests.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Three years of relevant work experience preferably in a clinical setting
* Strong conflict management and resolution skills
* Outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to handle and resolve sensitive human resources issues
* Outstanding organizational skills are necessary to manage many competing timetables and responsibilities.
* Ability to delegate and effectively supervise and plan for the timely and successful completion of short- and long-term objectives
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with a large and diverse constituency, including administration, division faculty patients, and support staff. Will communicate information in written, electronic, oral and presentation formats
* Requires the ability to work independently and to accept responsibility f or complex and sensitive decision-making as it relates to the overall flow of the ambulatory practice
* Interpersonal relationship skills needed to motivate staff and work with leadership, and physicians in a positive and collegial fashion
* Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.