Company: Arizona State University
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/21/2021
Expire Date: 09/21/2021
Job Categories: Other
Arizona State University
ASU, a leading innovator in Higher Education, is looking for a dynamic recruiter to join the University Technology Office Team and support hiring for all technical positions for the growing technology office. This is a robust, high volume, full-desk role responsible for supporting full lifecycle recruitment. The successful candidate will intentionally drive diversity in a large and growing department, demonstrate a thorough knowledge of recruiting processes, show a passion for customer service, and deliver operational excellence in talent acquisition.
The Recruiter position will collaborate closely with hiring managers, central HR and a variety of other service owners that contribute to the candidate experience. ASU’s University Technology Office has over 800 employees, offering a variety of career paths in a high-energy working environment. The technology initiatives are transformative and unprecedented in Higher Education. Consider taking the step and joining the Sun Devil family!
The IT Recruiter will perform complex recruiting and administrative functions to assist and coordinate high volume recruiting activities to ensure a diverse, capable pool of applicants who can meet the qualifications of the position, perform essential duties, and contribute to the strategic priorities of the University Technology Office.
As with everyone in the UTO family, culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role.
Depends on experience
• Take responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in UTO/ASU events and programs.
• Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
• Drives the recruitment cycle from approval to post through completion of hiring.
• Builds and implements advertising strategies to intentionally target diverse candidates.
• Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
• Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, social media and internet sites.
• Provides and promotes information regarding ASU and opportunities.
• Screens applications and selects qualified, diverse candidates for interview.
• Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
• Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
• Notifies candidates of selection decisions; check references, works with OHR to obtain verbal and written offer approval, extends offer and schedules appointments for completion of required hiring documents, screening, onboarding and orientation.
• Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
• Improves diversity outcomes in the department.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or closely related field with at least 2 years previous human resource experience including general recruitment responsibilities, OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
• At least three years of related recruiting experience, with prior experience in technical roles a plus.
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
• SHRM’s Talent Acquisition Specialty Credentials.
• Knowledge of employment law standards, requirements and regulations including Equal Employment, Department of Labor and Affirmative Action.
• Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and standards of IT Recruitment and Human resource management.
• Knowledge of practices and methods used to ensure confidential status of sensitive employee information.
• Knowledge of laws and regulations effecting personnel record retention and contents.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Thorough understanding of technology, technical roles and technical skills.
• Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment subject to changing priorities and frequent interruptions.
• Ability to model empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence.
• Experience hiring in a values-led organization, emphasizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
• Ability to help foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive.
• Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment.
• Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs.
• Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
• Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
• Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
• Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
The University Technology Office (UTO) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 69479BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=4298327
Company Name: Arizona State University
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.