|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Insurance Verification Representative|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/22/2021
Expire Date: 08/22/2021
Job Categories: Healthcare, Other
Insurance Verification Representative|
The Central Business Office is seeking an Insurance Verification Representative. The IVR calls insurance companies and patients to verify insurance information. Obtains authorization for HMO patients. Verifies claims are mailed to the proper address. Contacts physicians to obtain authorizations or referrals. Contacts patient to obtain additional information when necessary. Responds to customer inquiries regarding insurance coverage for services and processing of claims. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High School diploma or equivalent required
Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience required. Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
* Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
* Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
* Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
* Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
* Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).