|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Contracts and Grants Officer|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/22/2021
Expire Date: 08/22/2021
Job Categories: Healthcare, Other
Contracts and Grants Officer|
The Office of the Vice Provost for Research & Scholarship, Office of Research Administration (ORA) has an exciting opportunity for a Contracts and Grants Officer at the Coral Gables Campus.
CORE JOB SUMMARY
The Contracts and Grants Officer works independently to negotiate grants and research contracts in adherence to sponsoring agency requirements and University of Miami policies. The Contracts and Grants Officer is responsible for providing institutional-level sponsored research administration services to a portfolio of academic departments and research units among all University campuses.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
* Reviews, analyzes, and negotiates all terms and conditions of grants and contracts on behalf of the University from all Sponsor types consistent with University and Sponsor guidelines.
* Provides customer service, support and advice to faculty and staff regarding sponsored research administration issues, interpreting a broad range of sponsor policies, government regulations and terms and conditions.
* Responsible for drafting outbound subcontract agreements and negotiating the terms within.
* Collaborates with other University groups such as Compliance, IRB (Human Subject Research Office), Risk Management, Office of Technology Transfer, Export Control, Office of General Counsel and other relevant offices to ensure that sponsored research projects are managed in an efficient and effective manner consistent with UM policies and procedures, and applicable agency guidelines, laws and regulations.
* Provides metrics to manager and director on an ongoing basis.
* Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in contracting and/or in pre-award research administration, including proposal review & submission, and award review. Sponsored research experience preferred. Any appropriate combination of relevant education and/or experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
* Knowledge of University and Federal agency requirements including NIH, DOD/DARPA, NSF, FAA, and DOE, and the Uniform Guidance, Export Control Regulations, Federal Acquisition Regulations.
* Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with outstanding customer service skills.
* Demonstrated professional experience and judgment to effectively serve faculty and sponsors while protecting, representing and advancing the University's best interests.
* Ability to work well under deadline pressures without sacrificing accuracy, customer service, collegiality or ethics.
* Strong contract analytic and negotiation skills.