|Development Officer/Senior Development Officer|
Company: Kansas State University Foundation
Location: Manhattan, KS
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/22/2021
Expire Date: 09/22/2021
Job Categories: Development and Fund Raising
Development Officer/Senior Development Officer|
KSU Foundation is seeking a goal-oriented individual to join our development teams. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, metrics driven, and possesses an innate ability to get things done. As a Development Professional, you will have the opportunity to travel and conduct face-to-face visits with K-State alumni and University supporters. This position helps connect these individuals back to the University in a philanthropic way that is meaningful to them, while making an everlasting impact at Kansas State University. This position is responsible for the qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects. We have openings supporting:
1. College of Veterinary Medicine
2. College of Arts & Sciences
As a Certified Great Place to Work, organizational culture and employee engagement is important to us. We strive to harness your talents and build upon your strengths. We offer resources for professional growth so team members can find their purpose, a path to grow, ways to add value and thrive. Work alongside passionate, caring and talented people who trust and challenge one another in our intentional pursuit to be the best.
In our pursuit of being the best development shop and acquiring top talent, position title and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Make qualification calls/visits, cultivate, solicit, and provide recognition and steward appropriately major gifts for the College and University, with an emphasis on gifts of $50,000
2. Develop and implement strategy for each prospect.
3. Utilizing a variety of foundation resources, provide regular progress reports on prospect cultivation and solicitation. Complete and file reports of all contacts/proposals in a timely manner.
4. Utilize both current and planned gift opportunities to best meet donorsí needs, philanthropic interests, and financial capabilities.
5. Meet with development and Foundation colleagues, university partners including Alumni Association and Athletics as appropriate to discuss major donor prospects, strategy, and solicitation.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years professional transferrable experience in positions that were metrics focused required measurable output and relationship building
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with a diverse client base.
- Experience calling, conducting face-to-face appointments, managing relationships, creating, and presenting proposals, and other fundamental elements of client/donor relationship or sales-related activities.
- Demonstrated communications and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on engaged listening, and success working in a team setting.
- A valid motor vehicle operatorís license with an acceptable driving record
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous fundraising experience with an emphasis on building a portfolio of donors or clients and closing gifts or completing a sales cycle
- Ability to prioritize and organize complex projects and plans to deliver results
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on projects
- Solid understanding of development techniques and systems based on past performance
- Passion and enthusiasm for the university, the mission of the foundation and assigned college unit
- Driven and hard working
Significant travel required. Road warriors welcome!
Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
The Foundation is committed to providing opportunities for all employees to succeed by creating an environment that is inclusive and draws upon the strength of the diverse backgrounds and personal experiences of our team. Employees cultivate a supportive, welcoming, inclusive, and equitable work environment that allows everyone to feel connected to the organizationís mission and contribute to their full potential.
Why work at Kansas State University Foundation?
- Competitive benefits package including health, dental, company paid life insurance, and a variety of voluntary benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% company contribution
- Company paid HSA contributions
- Paid leave including vacation, sick, personal and volunteer
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Paid holidays
- Tuition and certification assistance
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Access to extensive online library of technical and soft skill courses through LinkedIn Learning
- $300 annual wellness program reimbursement
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Adoption assistance program
Contact Name: Brooke Nicholson
Company Name: Kansas State University Foundation
Phone Number: (785) 775-2014
Contact Email: email@example.com
The KSU Foundation is K-State's strategic partner for philanthropy! We inspire and guide philanthropy toward university priorities to boldly advance K-State. Foundation staff members work in close partnership with university administrators, deans and faculty to secure charitable contributions from individuals, corporations and foundations to support identified priorities for the university. Gifts received through the foundation fund undergraduate and graduate student scholarships, establish faculty chairs and professorships, provide college and departmental support, and enhance the campus infrastructure. After the money is raised, it must be prudently managed. This function is managed by foundation staff members who work under the guidance of an advisory committee of trustees. At Kansas State University Foundation our employees feel like family. As a Certified Great Place to Work, organizational culture and employee engagement is important to us. We strive to harness your talents and build upon your strengths. We offer resources for professional growth so team members can find their purpose, a path to grow, ways to add value and thrive. Work alongside passionate, caring and talented people who trust and challenge one another in our intentional pursuit to be the best. We are on the cutting edge of philanthropy with pioneering business strategies, an inclusive and purpose driven culture, and a progress approach to getting things done!