|Network Engineer - Palo Alto Firewall|
Company: Danaher Corporation
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 08/02/2021
Expire Date: 10/02/2021
Job Categories: Information Technology
Network Engineer - Palo Alto Firewall|
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking solutions to solve the world’s most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development.
Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we’re working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.
Learn about the Danaher Business System which makes everything possible.
The Network Engineer – Firewall (Palo Alto) is responsible for deploying and supporting hardware, network and telecommunications projects for the organization. Provides support for routers, switches, firewalls, VPN’s and IP telephony, systems, servers, and other infrastructure equipment (hardware). Develops and implements and supports network security policies, and safeguards.
This position is part of the IT Global Operation & Infrastructure team and will be located in Sunnyvale, CA. At Cepheid, our mission is delivering A Better Way to improve patient outcomes by enabling access to molecular diagnostic testing everywhere.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
• Deploy Palo Alto NextGen Network Security Components and Protocols for State-of-the-art firewalls deployed at Enterprise, Data Center, Cloud, and Service Provider environments.
• Automate planning, configuration, and deployment of firewalls using PA Firewalls including Panorama and Ansible.
• Analyzing the current PA environment and provide recommendations and implementation plan to upgrade the code, App-ID.
• Configure routing protocols and Global protect VPN.
• Monitor information security alerts and collaborate with other technical teams to respond, triage, and raise as needed. Alert include logs from firewalls, IDS, OS, Antivirus, databases, web application firewalls, and web servers.
The essential requirements of the job include:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field.
• Five (5) or more years of Palo Alto Firewall networking experience.
• Expert level Certifications – PCNSA, PCNSE & PCSAE.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
• Experienced in deploy and configure Prisma Access.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, Lan & WAN and Innovative Cloud technologies.
• Panorama certification.
Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to our lives. Whether it’s a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Contact Name: William To
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. A global network of more than 20 operating companies, we drive meaningful innovation in some of today’s most dynamic industries through our operating companies in four strategic platforms: Life Sciences, Diagnostics, Water Quality and Product Identification. The engine at the heart of our success is the Danaher Business System (DBS), a set of tools that enables continuous improvement around lean, growth and leadership. Through the ingenuity of our people, the power of DBS and the impact of our meaningful technologies, we help realize life’s potential in ourselves and for those we serve.