|Sr. Manufacturing Test Engineer|
Company: Danaher Corporation
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 08/02/2021
Expire Date: 10/02/2021
Job Categories: Engineering
Sr. Manufacturing Test Engineer|
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking solutions to solve the world’s most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development.
Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we’re working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.
Learn about the Danaher Business System which makes everything possible.
The Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer will be responsible for hands-on test plan execution in the development of Cepheid’s next generation medical diagnostic instrument platforms and production systems. You’ll work within a team comprised of electrical, mechanical, software and optical engineers to design and test molecular diagnostic systems that will be commercialized as key products in Cepheid's portfolio.
This position is part of the New Product Introduction organization and will be located in Sunnyvale, CA. At Cepheid, our mission is delivering A Better Way to improve patient outcomes by enabling access to molecular diagnostic testing everywhere.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
• Meticulous and timely test execution based on approved test plans using test equipment for testing electro-mechanical, electro-optic, and other integrated systems.
• Maintain and continuously improve efficiency of existing test infrastructure and troubleshoot test equipment and test fixture issues to minimize downtime.
• Participate in design and process changes to improve testability and observability of electronics and electro-optical subassemblies and systems.
• Perform failure analysis of PCBAs, subassemblies, and instruments from manufacturing and customers.
• Support compliance with medical device quality system including on-time completion of training, corrective action closure, discrepant material dispositions and Change Order submission.
The essential requirements of the job include:
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent technical field.
• Five (5) plus years of manufacturing engineering including test fixture development with strong troubleshooting experience.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
• Test script development experience using C#, Python, LabVIEW or LabWindows/CVI to control the operations of typical test equipment such as digitizers, oscilloscope, data logger, spectrum analyzer and network analyzer.
• Experience with computer interfaces such as Ethernet, PCIe and USB.
Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to our lives. Whether it’s a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Contact Name: William To
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. A global network of more than 20 operating companies, we drive meaningful innovation in some of today’s most dynamic industries through our operating companies in four strategic platforms: Life Sciences, Diagnostics, Water Quality and Product Identification. The engine at the heart of our success is the Danaher Business System (DBS), a set of tools that enables continuous improvement around lean, growth and leadership. Through the ingenuity of our people, the power of DBS and the impact of our meaningful technologies, we help realize life’s potential in ourselves and for those we serve.