Company: James B. Hunt, Jr. Institute for Educational Leadership & Policy Foundation, Inc.
Location: Cary, NC
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 09/27/2021
Expire Date: 11/27/2021
Job Categories: Education, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé or CV, and a demo reel or portfolio with at least one piece of video content to applicant@hunt-i stitute.org with the subject line “Last Name –Multimedia Specialist.” No phone calls, please.
The Multimedia Specialist (MS) is responsible for developing graphics, photography, illustration, audio and video in support of programming and initiatives of The Hunt Institute. The MS will work closely with the Marketing and Policy teams as well as with third parties to accomplish their tasks. Other duties include but are not limited to, assisting with Institute programs, responding to internal and external requests for materials, and conducting reports and analysis as needed.
This position will include thoughtful, consistent collaboration with the Marketing Team as it relates to the production and dissemination of high-quality publications, marketing materials, and overall brand management to support The Institute’s strategic plan. The MS will report directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications.
• Provide support for the department and the company with design, layout, printing, video, web design, audio mixing, and mailing of marketing materials.
• Provide support for Institute brand identity with consistent use of logo, design, and messaging.
• Design, develop, and deliver required media which may include graphics, photography, video, and/or sound.
• Utilize computer software to generate new images/designs and prepare final files for printing.
• Prepare design concepts of material, discussing them with supervisors or requestors, and make necessary changes.
• Provide support for online strategies which include (but are not limited to) web, e-mail,and social media.
• Collaborate closely with the Marketing Team to implement designs, communications, marketing plans, and strategies.
• Videography -- seek out topics, storyboard, shoot and edit video.
• Develop and design content for social media.
• Assist with marketing department projects as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At the Hunt Institute, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful reference and background investigation.
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, marketing, graphic design, multimedia production, or other relevant field, and 1-2 years of work-related experience in design or multimedia.
• Strong understanding of programs within the Adobe Suite which includes (but is not limited to): Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects, Muse and/or Premier Pro.
• Previous experience with WordPress, MailChimp (or similar email automation program), HTML/CSS/Java Script.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to be nimble and thrive in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and effectively manage multiple tasks.
• Strong organizational and project management skills, as well as superior attention to detail.
• Creative and critical thinking.
• Experience with analytics and measurement tools.
• Ability to anticipate, manage, and resolve conflicts.
• Independence and self-confidence to act decisively and, at the same time, an ability to receive, integrate, and translate others’ ideas and suggestions.
Ideal candidates will also demonstrate:
• Knowledge of state and national P-16 education policy.
• Resourcefulness and good judgment.
• Leadership by example.
• The value of diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives.
• Integrity/ethics beyond reproach.
• Constant seeking to apply best practices.
• Willingness to work collaboratively and consider new ideas.
• Commitment to The Institute’s mission, financial stability, and success.
Company Name: James B. Hunt, Jr. Institute for Educational Leadership & Policy Foundation, Inc.
The Hunt Institute’s mission is to provide unbiased research, technical expertise, and learning opportunities that equip and empower educators and policymakers to drive equitable reforms and become audacious champions for education. Since its establishment in 2001, the organization has emerged as a recognized and credible leader in the movement to transform American public education and a go-to source for reliable, objective, and timely information. The Institute works at the intersection of education policy and politics, supporting state and national officials and empowering them to drive education reform. Its mandate is to inspire and equip elected officials and senior policymakers to make informed decisions that improve the lives of all children. The Institute’s primary audience consists of governors, legislators, and other elected and state-level policymakers.