|Chair and Professor of Educational Leadership|
Company: Baylor University
Location: Waco, TX
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 09/27/2021
Expire Date: 11/27/2021
Job Categories: Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration
Chair and Professor of Educational Leadership|
The chair is the Department of Educational Leadership’s chief academic and administrative officer, overseeing the department’s research outcomes, educational programs, service, and outreach. The chair provides strategic leadership, insightful evaluation, and sound mentoring and professional development for faculty and staff. The chair is responsible for leading the department and enhancing its relationships with other departments in the School of Education and with the university at large. As a member of the school’s leadership team, the chair reports to the dean of the school. As such, the chair is responsible for:
● Developing and implementing plans for new programs or initiatives that enhance the department’s national recognition for high research activity.
● Promoting professional development and growth among faculty and staff.
● Overseeing course scheduling and instruction.
● Addressing student concerns alongside program directors.
● Administering the department budget.
● Overseeing all department business and supervising office staff.
● Managing department policy formation and implementation.
● Managing personnel matters, including conducting annual performance reviews for faculty and staff.
● Maintaining departmental governance and external communications.
● Doctorate in one of the disciplines represented in the department or a closely-related field with academic credentials sufficient to merit the rank of full professor.
● Ability to advance the Christian mission of Baylor.
● Ability to advance Baylor’s Academic Strategic Plan, Illuminate, through strategic faculty and staff recruitment, retention, mentoring, and program development.
● Proven record as an academic leader with relevant administrative experience.
● Nationally-recognized scholarship with a strong refereed research publication record.
● A proven track record of establishing internal and external partnerships through advocacy and commitment to collaborative and innovative approaches to advance teaching and research.
● Ability to foster a coherent and unified vision that recognizes excellence and promotes a collegial atmosphere of collaboration, achievement, and service to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other constituents.
● Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion among faculty, staff, and students.
● Commitment to work collaboratively with other School of Education leaders to help advance the school, department, and other individual academic units.
● Evidence of excellence in teaching at the university level.
● Demonstrated success in obtaining external funding.
● Leadership in national and international professional organizations.
● Previous experience as a chair, program director, associate dean, or other academic leadership positions.
Company Name: Baylor University
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” The university is recruiting new faculty with a deep commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship. Baylor seeks faculty who share in our aspiration to become a tier one research institution while strengthening our distinctive Christian mission as described in our academic strategic plan, Illuminate (https://illuminate.web.baylor.edu/). As the world’s largest Baptist University, Baylor offers over 40 doctoral programs and has more than 20,000 students from all 50 states and more than 85 countries.