Company: Arizona State University
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/13/2021
Expire Date: 12/13/2021
Job Categories: Other
Arizona State University
Chief Information Office
ASU is the largest state university and for the last 6 years in a row we have been recognized by US News and World Report as the most innovative university. ASU is committed to maintaining the most dynamic and productive learning experience in all of higher education. The University Technology Office (UTO) is at the forefront of developing IT platforms and tools that add value to the student experience.
As part of the University Technology Office Budget and Finance Team, the Financial Analyst will perform detailed cost and financial analyses. Will develop and interpret detailed cost accounting information and makes recommendations regarding the efficient utilization of resources and the proper accounting for transactions. This position exercises discretion and creativity as to work details on assignments of a varied, diverse and difficult nature. And also assists in solving complex technical problems in areas where no precedent exists.
As with everyone in the UTO family, culture and communications are responsibilities in this role which are outlined in our Positive Core.
$49,700 – $55,000 per year; DOE
• Performs specific tasks related to departmental budget monitoring, including identifying cost centers and their related expense.
• Tracks overall spend for the University Technology department's budget and units as well as individual vendor activity and identify variances from forecasted figures.
• Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Provides technical assistance in the design of cost accounting or reporting systems and related forms and documents.
• Assists with the provision of advisory services to units with respect to updating billing rates and interpreting cost accounting data.
• Recommends alternative solutions to cost accounting problems.
• Performs specialized financial or cost analyses.
• Assists in reviews of financial and internal controls to determine whether such controls are adequate to meet management objectives and ensure the safeguarding of assets.
• Performs specific tasks related to reviews of management practices and policies.
• Recommends changes to enhance operating efficiencies.
• Takes responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in UTO/ASU events and programs.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area (or a Bachelor's degree with advanced accounting coursework) AND two years of auditing, cost accounting and/or financial analysis experience; OR, Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration AND one year of auditing, cost accounting and/or financial analysis experience; OR, six years of progressively responsible and diverse accounting experience and coursework; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Experience in using dvanced Excel capability such as pivot tables, Vlookups, and other complex numerical calculations
• Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting management studies, system analyses and financial analyses
• Ability to prepare complex management reports on a timely basis
• Knowledge of accounting principle, practices and procedures
• Ability to interpret technical network equipment materials quotes and invoices or getting assistance from subject matter experts
• Contract monitoring experience
• Workday application experience
• Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and effectively establish priorities, multi-task, assist others and maintain productive working relationships
• Ability to model empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
• Ability to help foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive
• Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
• Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs
• Evidence of commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
• Ability to advance the UTO Affirmative Pledge.
• Regular activities require the ability to quickly change priorities and adapt to swiftly changing requirements, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
• Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
• Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
The University Technology Office (UTO) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 72544BR
Company Name: Arizona State University
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.