|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Certified Medical Assistant|
Company: University of Miami Health System
Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/14/2021
Expire Date: 12/14/2021
Job Categories: Medical
Certified Medical Assistant|
The Certified Medical Assistant 1 assists in the examination and treatment of patients, under the direction of a physician. Moreover, the incumbent interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. The Medical Assistant 1 also draws and collects blood samples from patients and prepares specimens for laboratory analysis.
1. Gives injections and treatments and performs routine laboratory tests.
2. Assists in patient care activities such as dressing changes and leg wraps.
3. Prepares treatment room for examination of patient.
4. Assists with physical examinations by preparing supplies and handing instruments and materials to the doctor as directed.
5. Provides patients with basic instruction and information regarding examination procedures.
6. Cleans and sterilizes medical instruments while observing principles of sterile technique.
7. Schedules patients for tests and completes required forms for laboratory work.
8. Maintains accurate and complete patient records and documentation.
9. Orders, stocks, and inventories supplies, and assists in performing clerical duties.
10. Escorts and transports patients to various hospital locations.
11. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Obtains vital signs and patient information for inclusion in the patient's medical record.
Comply with Neurology PQRS workflow.
Triage UChart In basket messages which can include creating telephone encounters, and communicating with providers, patients, and other staff members.
Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filed is available in patientsí medical records prior to their appointment
Obtain authorizations for medications, diagnostic tests, durable medical equipment (DME), admissions, and other orders as needed.
Prepares treatment room and waiting room for examination of patient via in-person and telehealth visits.
Schedules patients for tests and completes required forms for lab work.
Confirmation of patient appointments.
Answer incoming calls to Neurology Main Line when needed.
Maintains accurate and complete patient records/documentation in UChart.
Orders, stocks, and inventories supplies and assists in performing clerical duties.
Provides patients with basic instruction and information regarding examination procedures.
Observes the principles of sterile technique in performing duties.
May assist with physical examinations by preparing supplies and handing instruments/materials to the doctor as directed.
May give injections or treatments, perform routine laboratory tests under the direction of an attending physician, and assist in other patient care activities such as dressing changes and leg wraps.
Escort and transport patients to various hospital locations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma, and at least one year of relevant experience preferable in a healthcare environment. Certified medical assistant, BLS, and HIV certification. Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.