|Research Program Coordinator II|
Company: Medical College of WIsconsin
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/14/2021
Expire Date: 12/14/2021
Job Categories: Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician
Research Program Coordinator II|
Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Work closely with Program Manager or Program Director to coordinate the daily administrative activities of the research program. Provide guidance and support to the research team to facilitate the achievement of the program's goals.
This position will coordinate the implementation of community research projects including in the areas of identifying and assessing factors associated with not receiving COVID-19 vaccination and the conduct of interventions to improve COVID vaccine uptake in racial minority communities. The position will also involve HIV prevention research for racial minority gay or bisexual men. Additionally, the position will also include performing and overseeing the coding and analysis of qualitative interview data in research projects in these and other research projects. As a lead position in a research team that will closely interact with members of community-based agencies and organizations, the employee will do as well as delegate and oversee activities, including: identification of community and neighborhood settings for reaching populations; recruitment, interview, administration of informed consent to study participants, conduct of participant survey/assessments, facilitate focus group and intervention sessions (may be individual, small-group, or community-level), and follow-up in accord with study protocols. Will provide support to multiple research projects, as well as coordinate and perform functions related to the coding and analysis of qualitative research data in community health research projects.
• Collaborate on the development of program materials including educational materials, marketing/recruitment materials, websites, forms, and reports.
• Coordinate day-to-day activities of behavioral/social research studies undertaken with community populations. Monitor progress toward project goals, provide guidance to study staff, collect and/or analyze data, create and maintain accurate files and databases, liaise with and maintain relationships with study populations and community agencies, and report to study Principal Investigator(s) and supervisory staff.
• Effectively interact with members of the study team and with members of study populations including persons of diverse backgrounds. Communities may be face-to-face, over the telephone, texting, video calls or other forms of electronic communications.
• Provide guidance to members of the study team, monitor study team activities, effectively communicate expectations and priorities to study team, assist in developing plans to overcome potential challenges to project progress.
• Work with program leaders to develop, implement, and maintain comprehensive databases and files related to the study. Monitor and verify accuracy. Provide regular status reports to study investigators.
• Monitor progress toward meeting project goals, tracking deadlines, and completing project components..
• Coordinate, plan and anticipate project needs, maintain adequate inventories (materials/supplies/incentives) to ensure uninterrupted project operations.
• Assist in recruitment and training of program staff and community outreach personnel. Conduct or coordinate meetings and intervention sessions, interviews, and focus groups with program participants following study protocols.
• Organize internal and external meetings, site visits, and special events.
• Collect, analyze, and disseminate program data. May include qualitative as well as quantitative data.
• Report program data and progress to program community stakeholders. Provide input on program design.
• Participate on appropriate committees relevant to the advancement of the program and the profession.
• Coordinate and manage program outreach activities. Identify and interact with community organizations/venues/settings in order to recruit participants, including acting as a liaison with community organizations.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Leadership experience in community development programs and community health programs undertaken in inner-city settings. Knowledge of agencies, programs, and neighborhood venues for reaching underserved Africn American community members.
Knowledge of research, project management, cultural awareness, public health, and business.
Customer focus, building trust, communication, critical thinking, and influencing skills.
Ethical standards of conducting research with human participants. Must possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable discussing topics related to HIV, human sexuality, drug/alcohol use, mental illness, immigration status, health and barriers to health in non-judgmental manner. Sensitivity to diversity issues and ability to work professionally with multicultural community populations, organizations, and co-workers. Knowledge of and ability to uphold standards of confidentiality, professionalism, and scientific conduct are absolutely essential.
Prior experience working and/or volunteering with community populations served by our projects is strongly preferred, especially in settings that serve racial minority community members in Milwaukee.
Computer and technical skills essential (word processing, email, internet, text messaging, video conferencing, health apps for smartphones/tablets, automated assessment and evaluation software (e.g. Qualtrics, REDCap, etc.), databases, ability to follow detailed instructions to save and secure research data. Experience with use of social media helpful.
Applicants are encouraged to describe in a letter accompanying their application any additional formal or informal community experiences, volunteer work, or involvement with organizations that serve the community.
Appropriate experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree i
Minimum Required Experience: 3 years
Preferred Education: Master’s degree
Preferred Experience: Conduct behavioral research, public health, and community health programs
Field: Public health, social work, psychology
Certification: Must complete CITI ethics course within 10 business days afterf hire
Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vision, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
403B Retirement Package
Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
Paid Parental Leave
Additional discounted rates on items such as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Commitment to Diversity MCW is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace that includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that embracing human differences is critical to realize our vision of a healthier world, and we recognize that a healthy and thriving community starts from within. We strive to integrate our human and social differences into MCW’s functioning, strategies and culture to create a diverse and equitable workplace. If you believe embracing individuality and working together makes us stronger, then MCW is the place for you. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. About MCW The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. We are the second largest Medical College in the state of Wisconsin that also is a leader in research and employs a large amount of providers for Southeastern Wisconsin.