Company: Business Group on Health
Location: Washington, DC, DC
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 11/22/2021
Expire Date: 01/22/2022
Job Categories: Healthcare, Other
The Associate works with the Vice President of the Center for Data-Driven Insights (CDDI) and team to provide primary and secondary research and data analytic support across the organization to address large employers’ critical health, well-being and workforce strategy concerns. The CDDI team works in consultation with colleagues to develop tools, resources and reports to disseminate its findings to both internal and external audiences including corporate human resources staff, medical directors and benefit managers. This position is based in Washington, DC and is remote until January 2022.
• With oversight and guidance, draft, field and analyze surveys as requested by members.
• Assist in the creation of presentations of survey results and other data.
• Provide research, writing and editorial support for organization-wide activities and products.
• Maintain and update the CDDI’s web pages on the Business Group’s website.
• Respond to member requests as needed and with guidance from team, content leads and Membership team.
• Support other data collection efforts of the CDDI team.
• Assist in the administrative coordination of the production of Business Group publications within the team (editing, proof reading and formatting).
• Organize and maintain project and team files for the CDDI team.
• Contribute to the overall mission of the organization and member recruitment and retention through excellent customer service.
• Assist the President & CEO, Vice President and other team members with special projects as needed and when workload permits.
• Bachelors degree required, strong consideration for graduate degree. Preferred fields of study include mathematics, statistics, public health, health management, business, or related field.
• 2-4 years’ experience working with research, statistics and/or data analytics.
• Experience with benefits, well-being and health care a strong plus.
• Self-starter with a strong work ethic.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Ability to design, program and analyze both quantitative and qualitative research, with a focus on surveys and interviews.
• Experience, either professional or academic, building a database to combine data from multiple surveys to create meaningful analysis for members.
• Background in data visualization using PowerPoint, PowerBI or other data software.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Manage a wide range of assigned projects on a day-to-day basis with moderate supervision.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. A sample analytical assignment or summary analysis may be required by top candidates.
• Excellent internal and external customer and member service skills, having the ability to interact with colleagues, member companies, and potential members.
• Strong organization skills and be organized, detail oriented, and thorough.
• The ability to be resourceful and creative in finding and using relevant information.
• The ability to work effectively on team projects; collaborating with other colleagues to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
• The ability to be self-motivated and exercise appropriate individual discretion and judgment within the context of established policies and procedures.
• High professional standards and the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
• Highly computer literate, with demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite software and Zoom.
• Strong project management skills
• Member/customer-first orientation
• Interpersonal awareness/leadership
• Growth mindset