Company: Sargento Foods Inc.
Location: Elkhart Lake, WI
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 01/14/2022
Expire Date: 03/14/2022
Job Categories: Engineering
You are a skilled Electrical Engineer with responsibility for the development and execution of industrial controls and Operational Technology (OT) engineering solutions in support of industrial manufacturing capital projects from initiation through closeout.
You ensure consistency with company strategy, culture, commitment, goals, and engineering standards. As an Electrical Engineer you are willing to develop into a subject matter expert and technical resource for ongoing manufacturing maintenance, Continuous Improvement (CI), and strategic planning activities.
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento, you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you’re ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can find it here.
What You Do.
• Provides Electrical Engineering expertise, design, and services in support of manufacturing and facilities engineering projects:
• Conducts, often with the support of others, the design and implementation of PLC/computer-based industrial and safety control systems and solutions throughout Sargento. Typical tasks/deliverables include: specification, schematic design, control panel layout, bill of materials, procurement, PLC programming, HMI configuration, installation, testing, debugging, commissioning, and ad hoc technical support for plant maintenance technicians.
• Helps maintain a stable and scalable machine data/OT network.
• Assists in the development, risk assessment, and implementation of a corporate program to update or replace obsolete control system components and software.
• Conducts electrical project estimates, designs, prototypes, project control & tracking (scope, schedule, cost), system start-up, system training, and project closeout services.
• May act as Project Manager in accordance with Engineering Department definition and “Capital Appropriation Request (CAR) Manager” for assigned projects.
• Conducts requests for bids or proposals (RFPs), competitive bid events, purchase order requests, invoice control, and other related financial and procurement activities within electrical engineering span of project control.
• Identifies and helps drive resolution of project and team issues, conflicts, constraints, dependencies, and risks in a time sensitive manner. Recommends changes to project scope, deliverables, timelines, and resources to ensure project success.
• When managing projects, provides transparency to stakeholders with effective communication through meeting minutes, project updates, status reports, presentations, and participation in leadership meetings as requested.
• Establishes and maintains essential project and process electrical documentation and retention.
• Uses and supports the team utilization of standard operating procedures and other established business processes. Recommends process improvements.
• Provides oversight, direction, and control of external electrical contractors while on site.
• Ensures that projects result in food safe, human safe, and ergonomically favorable solutions and that deliverables comply with associated regulatory requirements.
• Assists manufacturing personnel with the development and documentation of equipment baseline run settings (i.e., centerlines or home settings), the creation of operation or maintenance training materials, development of equipment preventative maintenance plans, and ordering spare parts.
• Researches new technologies to prove out project concepts or to find solutions to manufacturing challenges.
• Stays current with automation, control, and OT technology and industry best practices to provide Sargento with best available technology solutions by participating in forums, seminars, training, user groups, and other organizations.
• Collaborates with cross-functional peers to identify and implement the best and most cost-effective automation and controls technologies for Sargento.
• Provides and coordinates Electrical Engineering services (internal and external) with other stakeholders:
• Works with Electrical Engineering peers and local plant maintenance departments to: establish, enforce, and continuously improve corporate electrical engineering standards; provide and coordinate training for electrical automation and control systems including associated support software; provide ad hoc technical support according to plant technical issue resolution escalation protocols; and, as assigned, administer automation and control system software, logic programs, and associated support devices.
• Works cross-functionally with IT for bi-directional data communication interface needs for industrial manufacturing systems and enterprise business applications.
• Assures proper electrical engineering drawing and documentation methods, approvals, control, and archival independently or through collaboration with other internal drafting resources.
• Works with Indirect Procurement department in electrical specifications development, bid preparation, and bid solicitation to secure best pricing for Sargento. Assists in developing / reviewing vendor Statements of Work (SOWs) as required.
• Works with Legal department to execute contracts and agreements with outside parties.
• Provides electrical automation and control subject matter expert support for Continuous Improvement (CI) activities. May participate in lean activities such as Kaizen or Root Cause Analysis investigation events.
• Travel required as needed to complete the functions within this position
• Daily travel between facilities and local suppliers is to be expected with the use of the person’s own vehicle required.
• Overnight travel may be required as needed to support projects or for training purposes.
• Extended periods of overnight travel may be required to support project and manufacturing needs at current and future manufacturing facilities that are not located within the immediate Plymouth, WI area.
• Confidentiality is required for all work.
Your Education and Experience.
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or a relevant technical area required from an ABET accredited institution.
Additional educational courses may be required to sustain departmental/individual technological knowledge.
Experience: History of work experience that demonstrates ability to learn and work well with others required.
Two or more years combined progressive electrical engineering experience within a manufacturing industry with demonstrated experience working in the areas listed under Essential Duties and Responsibilities desired.
Demonstrated experience in development and execution of industrial controls and Operational Technology (OT) engineering solutions in support of industrial manufacturing capital projects from initiation through closeout.
Demonstrated experience of projects that vary in scope, complexity, and production department / focus area.
Demonstrated ability to develop into a subject matter expert and technical resource for ongoing manufacturing maintenance, Continuous Improvement (CI), and strategic planning activities.
Experience overseeing assigned technicians within the Engineering Department as well as outside engineering personnel and contractors.
Your Needs. Our Values.
“People-First Culture” - Our people-first culture is founded on a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. Your team really is your extended family and friends. Our Sargento Family rallies around those experiencing challenging situations and are the first ones to celebrate milestones.
Live Well, Work Well - You are encouraged and enabled to balance your career with interests and activities outside of work. We value Humor and Fun because we can laugh at ourselves and you can’t smile without saying “cheese”. Our CEO always says, if you’re not having fun at work or spending time with your family, then you’re doing it wrong.
Career Advancement - We support your career aspirations with individual development plans, career paths, coaching and mentoring through our “promote from within” philosophy. It is not uncommon for employees to start their career in an entry-level manufacturing position and with dedication, hard work, and our tuition reimbursement program they have the potential to advance into leadership roles.
Caring for Community - When you work here, you can make a difference in the company and in the lives of people in our communities, including supporting the United Way, Habitat for Humanity and feeding those in need. We partner with the Green Bay Packers through our ‘Touchdowns for Hunger’ program which has resulted in donating $1.3 million to date for hunger relief. We support our employees who serve their communities year-round including providing paid time off to contribute to causes that are meaningful to them.
Brand Innovation & Leadership - We’re a national brand, owned by a real family. Because we are privately-held every employee is considered part of the Sargento Family and can make a meaningful impact. We seek people who will challenge assumptions and introduce new ideas to help achieve our corporate goals. We are an industry leader because of our quest to find the next breakthrough and have been a Nielsen Award Winner thanks to our game-changing products.
With 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.4 billion, Sargento Foods is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more than 60 years. We created the world’s first, successful pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded, sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our products and for product design, packaging and merchandising innovations that have transformed our industry.
Company Name: Sargento Foods Inc.