|Director-Lab Regional-South Central Region|
Company: Indiana University Health
Location: Bloomington, IN
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 04/07/2022
Expire Date: 06/06/2022
Job Categories: Healthcare, Other
Director-Lab Regional-South Central Region|
The Regional Director, Pathology Lab has the responsibility to plan, organize and administer all the hospital's laboratory services under the direction of or in cooperation with a Pathologist. Directs and coordinates activities of lab professionals, technicians and non-technical team members in diagnostic work and treatment of patients. Responsible for activities, planning, organizing, budgeting, and supervising all laboratory staff. The incumbent manages ongoing analysis, development and implementation of methods and systems to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of services and functions. The Regional Director in partnership with clinical leadership is charged with demonstrably improving performance across clinical quality and safety, patient satisfaction, team commitment and operations/finances for all areas of responsibility. The Regional Director will be expected to develop robust strategies across the service lines that will counter current disruptive market forces and that will ensure the successful operation of these service lines that are crucial to managing population health in a medical home, accountable care environment. This role interfaces with senior leadership and front-line team members, executes organizational development strategy, and drives change initiatives across the system to optimize organizational potential and achieve strategic and operational objectives. The incumbent is expected to partner with senior administrative and clinical leadership to evaluate and execute internal and external strategic partnerships in alignment with the aforementioned goals. IU Health is seeking a dynamic and accomplished healthcare leader who can work effectively in a highly matrixed and relationship-driven culture. The incumbent must be a visionary leader who knows how to effectively drive change in a complex and distributed yet system-oriented environment. The incumbent must embody IU Health's mission, embrace its vision, and must lead through respect, humility, and intellectual curiosity.
• A Bachelor's Degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years of management experience.
• Lab experience not required; however, incumbent will be expected to acquire an understanding of lab operations.
• Lean and process improvement experience preferred.
• Strong demonstrated transformational and complex, matrixed leadership skills (inspiring, problem solving, communication across multiple organizations, executing) to champion Leading to Preeminence.
• Requires experience managing multiple complex projects involving multiple customers, interests, and goals.
• Strong blend of management skills and technical expertise demonstrated by superior planning, decision-making, negotiation, leadership and financial management skills/knowledge, with a focus to adding value to the bottom line of the business to foster a preeminent healthcare environment.
• Strong communication and relationship-building skills with all levels of employees, management and community leaders and a proven leader who is an effective, creative and visionary problem solver.
• A proven leader of people is able to recruit, develop and mentor a top-notch team capable of supporting future growth and has demonstrated leadership in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and community.
• Experience designing organizational structures to achieve business and operational results.
• Knowledge of industry issues demonstrated experience and results (transition from volume based to value based economics), accountable care and insurance/population risk models.
• Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local regulatory agency guidelines and laws.
Company Name: Indiana University Health
Indiana University Health is unlike any other healthcare system and we're looking for team members who share the things that matter most to us. People who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People motivated to do their best every day. People who are always ready to apply themselves. As one of Indiana's largest employers, our vision is to lead the transformation of healthcare through quality, innovation and education, and make Indiana one of the nation's healthiest states. IU Health is among the top ten largest single-state nonprofit health systems in the United States. Through its 16 hospitals (a mix of urban, suburban and rural facilities), IU Health offers a full range of specialty and primary care services for children and adults. Statewide, IU Health has more than 2,600 staffed beds, $6.23 billion in net total operating revenue, and strategic service lines including cancer, cardiovascular, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatrics and transplant, that have received national recognition for quality patient care over the decades. IU Health has over 34,000 team members. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And together we can change everything.