|Finance Manager- Global Premium Products & Partnerships (22009810)|
Company: American Express
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/13/2022
Expire Date: 07/13/2022
Job Categories: Finance/Economics
Finance Manager- Global Premium Products & Partnerships (22009810)|
Manager/LFO, US Consumer – Partnerships & BD
The Manager role supporting the Global Premium Products & Partnerships (GPPB) team is a high visibility, high exposure role that supports one of the most valuable and rapidly growing parts of the AXP business.
The Global Premium Products & Partnerships (GPPB) organization is a key part of the US Consumer business, one of the largest and fastest growing segments at AXP. The Premium Products team owns the end-to-end management of our Centurion suite of products (Centurion, Platinum, Gold, and Green). In addition, the Partnerships team leads business development with a wide variety of external partners that drive our innovative value propositions. The GPPB team also manages marquee proprietary assets such as Centurion Lounge and Resy.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills, strong quantitative and financial reasoning, clear and compelling communication, strong people leadership, and comfort with ambiguity. The candidate must be able to build solid, trust-based relationships with business partners that encourage candor and direct communication.
This role will allow a candidate to independently own and lead multiple work streams, often with tight deadlines. Specific responsibilities will fall among four areas: 1) Data analytics and insights 2) Cost-benefit analyses 3) Deal evaluation 4) Financial management
Fulfilling these responsibilities will require interacting closely with senior leaders across Finance and business units.
- Drive the thought leadership for our partner-sourced value strategy including benefit management and deal support
- Lead deep, data-driven analytical efforts to unlock insights into sources of value creation in the portfolio
- Build strong, trusting relationships with key business partners that encourage open and direct communication and dialogue
- Drive financial rigor for evaluation of new partnership deals
- Create a vision for the financial management of key proprietary assets that support our value propositions – and drive its implementation
- Strong strategic thinker – ability to integrate business strategy, financial thinking, competitive insight, consumer behavior and operational understanding
- Excellent quantitative reasoning – ability to think through and drive a conversation using “quick math” in the moment
- Very strong data analytics experience and ability to lead a team of data analytics experts to unlock insights
- Exceptional relationship and collaboration skills, including the ability to work in a highly matrixed environment across marketing, finance, technologies, and compliance
- Exemplary communication skills with the ability to break down complex ideas into understandable / actionable messages and tailor messages to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, disparate projects concurrently without sacrificing quality
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- SQL and Advanced Excel skills a plus
- Bachelor degree required
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
- American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
- We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
- If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e. 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J) and, for medically eligible* colleagues, a booster shot, in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
- US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
- If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.
Contact Name: Shahadat Hussain
Contact Email: email@example.com
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.