Company: American Express
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 05/13/2022
Expire Date: 07/13/2022
Job Categories: Finance/Economics
This position resides within Global Funding Liquidity and Banking team within the Global Treasury organization and is responsible for AXP Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) forecasting, analysis and reporting. FTP includes Interest Expense forecasting, Interest and Equity allocations, analysis and reporting.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- AXP interest expense forecasting: Ensure interest expense outlooks are transparent and well-understood across multiple stakeholders. Coordinate with Corporate Planning on regular planning and forecasting cycles. Develop USD forecasts and coordinate with international Treasury teams to provide an AXP total interest expense allocation forecast
- Coordinate with Treasury and finance teams for inputs to interest expense and investment income forecasting
- Manage quarterly interest expense risk and opportunities for Treasury updates to the Treasurer and Financial Leadership Team
- Provide insights on the changing interest rate environment and its related impacts for finance and business partners
- Compliance with Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) guidance: Support compliance of regulatory FTP guidance, including optimization of governance, controls and reporting Report and analyze FTP, cost of funds and equity allocation results and forecasts, for both U.S. and International Markets, impacting all of AXP’s business segments.
- Create Cost of Carry forecast and allocations for AXP’s $20 Billion liquidity portfolio
- Partner with across finance to update systems (i.e. Oracle and TM1) for allocation rule enhancements
- Manage Risk testing and controls and Business Continuity Management requirements as needed
- Support our digital transformation, partnering with Treasury and technology teams to create a more flexible, automated approach to running our regular planning and forecasting cycles processes.
- Enhance our reporting and analytics capabilities through excel and power BI tools
- Provide recommendations for evolving FTP methodology as appropriate to best reflect our company’s funding and product structure
- 3-5 years Finance/Treasury experience
- Strong proficiency in Excel required
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or related field is required.
- Able to manage multiple priorities effectively with a record of driving results.
- An analytical mindset coupled with strong process management skills and ability to challenge the status quo and drive process improvements.
- Knowledge of technology platforms such as Oracle Management Reporting tools, TM1 and reporting tools such as Tableau preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly motivated and effectively works independently within a team construct, while supporting teamwork and achievement of team objectives.
Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e. 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J) and, for medically eligible* colleagues, a booster shot, in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters
Contact Name: Shahadat Hussain
Contact Email: email@example.com
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.