|Accounts Payable Specialist|
Company: CAST, Inc
Location: Wakefield (Hybrid), MA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 06/29/2022
Expire Date: 08/29/2022
Job Categories: Accounting/Auditing
Accounts Payable Specialist|
•Hybrid, full time position (40 hours/week)
•Primary office in Greater Boston area-Wakefield, MA
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounts Payable Specialist will support CAST’s financial and administrative operations, exercising strong internal controls, timeliness, and procedural integrity.
• Coordinate day to day management of electronic payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner, including entering and uploading invoices into accounting software for processing and payment in a paperless environment.
• Forward electronic invoices to the appropriate project director and obtain electronic approval for payment
• Review and process employee expense and travel reimbursements
• Collect and maintain electronic files of travel authorization forms for all employees
• Reconcile the corporate credit card monthly and manage supporting documentation for accurate data entry of invoice/payment
• Comply with federal regulations and acceptable internal controls to help ensure a clean audit
• Maintain accurate electronic vendor files in accounting software
• Support Senior Accountant with various month and year-end procedures such as audit and producing 1099s
• Provide back-up support to others within the finance department and perform other general administrative duties
We seek a professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, and who has consistently demonstrated high standards of excellence and good judgement. The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong interpersonal skills and a strong ability to document electronic communications surrounding financial operations and payments
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint)
• Ability to maintain a high level of discretion in handling confidential information.
• Proven ability to manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines and work within a collaborative team environment
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
• More than two years of AP experience
• Expertise in Financial Edge Accounting software preferred or experience with accounting software
Company Name: CAST, Inc
Work Environment The learners we serve come from all walks of life and so do we. Hiring talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds is a top priority because different experiences and different perspectives help us design products and services that work for everyone and strengthen our organization’s impact. If you share our values, enthusiasm for busting the barriers to learning that millions of people encounter every day, then you will enjoy joining CAST. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability that requires accommodation, please let us know. The contact for an accommodation request is firstname.lastname@example.org. About CAST CAST is a not-for-profit research and development organization that originated the concept of Universal Design for Learning (UDL). Our central mission is to leverage advances in modern technology and contemporary learning sciences to develop innovative, equitable approaches to teaching and learning that access the full spectrum of individual learners and their cultures. We seek to celebrate and even amplify learner variability, removing barriers to learning that people encounter every day. Apply for this job at CAST’s Career Center Join CAST’s Talent Community