|Accounts Receivable/Collection Manager|
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/12/2022
Expire Date: 10/01/2022
Job Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Sales, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Web Technology
Accounts Receivable/Collection Manager|
Position SummaryPosition Summary
Samsung North America Service Business Finance is seeking a highly self-driven Manager Accounts Receivable(AR)/Collection with a strong owner's mindset, relentless customer advocacy, and front-line obsession to improve AR KPI. The manager must have high level of ownership and accountability to manage and improve AR KPI.
This Manager AR/Collection serves as a subject matter expert and teammate on all accounts receivable, credit management, customer relationship, cash application and collections management responsibilities. The manager is a champion of continuous improvement efforts to reduce outstanding account receivables, increase cash flow, minimize bad debt, and develop solid working relationships/networking with internal stakeholders and customers.
Role and Responsibilities
Key job responsibilities
* Manage collections of outstanding account receivables
* Make outbound collection calls and emails in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
* Manage ATB (Aged Trial Balance) and all transactions for assigned accounts
* Manage assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports
* Maintain accurate customer information in system according to company procedures
* Update client database to accurately tracking ongoing activities
* Perform new customer accounts creation, monitor credit limit expiry in the system and advise accounts owners
* Assist with month end closing and perform sales closing and order block release
* Partner with sales team and customer success management team to resolve issues and invoice disputes
* Advise sales team of outstanding invoices and past due invoice issues. Alert them of issues and enlist support for resolution of disputes
* Ensure all invoicing and cash applications are accurate monthly
* Enhance and maintain accounts receivable reports to monitor customer balances and payment trends
* Publish KPIs and/or accounts receivable dashboard to help monitor the business
* Manage and improve AR KPI
* Perform functions for accounts receivable daily responsibilities and tasks
* Prepare and communicate various daily, weekly or monthly financial reports to stakeholders
* Perform various Ad Hoc reporting and analysis
* Assist with implementation and testing of new program, streamlining processes and upgrades, as necessary
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent directly related work experience
* Minimum 7 years AR collection experience. Minimum 5 years in advertising industry or media company experience.
* A self-starter, work well as a team player, but work independently when appropriate.
* Eye for details - attention to quality and accuracy is of paramount importance in this role
* Ability to analyze problems, actively strategize to resolve them, pay attention to detail, and have excellent organization and communication skill
* Ability to juggle multiple tasks, work cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization, whether internally or externally to support rapid growing advertising business.
* Ability to be flexible and comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
* Require excellent interpersonal skills, strong written capabilities, analytic skills and good attention to detail.
* Ability and willingness to jump into project and workloads as needed
* Ability to identify discrepancies and inconsistencies
* Sense of urgency to get it done before due date.
* Demonstrate expertise of analyzing processes and implementing process, and work on system/process improvement to reduce manual work and to improve operational efficiency
* Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Advanced Excel Skills. ERP system experience (preferably SAP/NERP)
Skills and Qualifications
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.