|Director of Communications and Marketing, Florida (Remote or Hybrid)|
Company: The Nature Conservancy
Location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 08/15/2022
Expire Date: 10/15/2022
Job Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Director of Communications and Marketing, Florida (Remote or Hybrid)|
This position is based in Florida and may be located anywhere in the state.
The Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing leads the development and implementation of an integrated communications, marketing, and engagement strategy to help achieve our goals through donor engagement, facilitating conservation action, supporting policy outcomes, and building awareness of the organization and our mission. You will partner with department directors, executive team, staff and trustees to develop and implement marketing and communications efforts that help achieve our top priorities. You will also integrate with and leverage the globally dispersed Marketing and Communications Division to extend and share ideas and resources for the benefit of the organization and the work in Florida.
• Design and direct complex and diverse projects, coordinating the work of other professionals, and ensuring program accountability.
• Manage multi-disciplinary professional staff.
• Develop and manage budget, evaluate results and develop corrective strategies as needed.
• Drive the development of all communication and marketing plans from concept to execution.
• Build a clear outcomes-based communications strategy to foster and maintain a strong connection with internal and external audiences to TNC’s conservation agenda and inclusive culture.
• Identify solutions to help TNC in Florida respond to and/or pre-empt any reputational issues that may arise utilizing effective communications and marketing strategies.
• Work collaboratively across all functions to discover, develop, and amplify compelling stories that speak to diverse audiences.
• Prioritize limited resources for the greatest possible impact on TNC’s conservation goals and external positioning.
• Serve as mentor/advisor to communications and media staff throughout the organization.
• Take on a leadership role, working closely with Florida’s executive team as well as its trustees and advisors.
• Oversee TNC’s marketing and communications manager in Georgia, providing high level strategic direction and guidance.
• Experience cultivating and managing relationships with senior leaders and media contacts.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and minimum 9 years related work experience or an equivalent combination.
• Experience developing communications, media and engagement strategies with measurable results.
• Experience directing and implementing campaigns.
• Experience in program management, including broad financial responsibility and measuring results of strategic plans.
• Experience managing staff and teams.
To apply for job ID 51986, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company Name: The Nature Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube or on Glassdoor.