|Executive Director of Human Resources|
Company: Henry Ford College
Location: Dearborn, MI
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/04/2022
Expire Date: 12/04/2022
Job Categories: Education, Human Resources
Executive Director of Human Resources|
ROLE OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director of Human Resources is a key leadership position in our College and in the community. Reporting to the Vice President of Strategy and Human Resources, Dr. Lori M. Gonko, the Executive Director is responsible for driving HR best practices and initiatives. The Executive Director leads the department in planning, developing, and instituting an HR strategic plan and measurable goals for Human Resources aligning with our college-wide Strategic Plan and that is tied to the mission, vision, and values of Henry Ford College. The Executive Director leads a unified team of HR professionals to provide the best possible services, programs, and initiatives related to people and labor relations, benefits, compensation, talent management (acquisition, performance, development, etc.), staff training, and all other items related to the Human Resources function while maintaining a department with a high level of customer service.
In addition to the day-to-day operational functions, the Executive Director will be forward-thinking and have a long-term mindset for the strategic direction of the department and the College. The Executive Director will mentor the department staff and be a skilled resource to other College leaders across the many departments and individual schools.
Additionally, the Executive Director will collaborate with the Vice President of Strategy and Human Resources, along with cabinet-level executive leadership to create and assess key performance indicators that will measure the College’s effectiveness across multiple metrics including but not limited to compensation, benefits, performance, employee engagement, and talent management.
The Executive Director of Human Resources will play a key role in Advancing Belonging, Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity. Our 2022-2024 Henry Ford College Strategic Plan provides additional insight regarding our priorities of Access, Retention, Completion, and Transfer for ALL learners. Read more at https://www.hfcc.edu/strategic-plan.
The HFC Human Resources Department currently consists of 10 full-time team members, including three Assistant Directors. The HR Team leads all personnel related matters for all College employees.
HR Department areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
• Talent Acquisition
• Talent Development
• Labor & Employee Relations
• Benefits & Wellness
• Succession Planning
• Risk Management
• Employee Engagement
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, public administration, or a related field.
Experience: Minimum 10 years of experience in Human Resources or a related field with at least 5 of those years being in leadership in a mid-to-large sized organization.
• Proven ability to embrace and promote a collaborative culture of teamwork, positive attitude, and shared goals.
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively in a clear, concise manner with compassion for employees and external customers from all types of backgrounds and across various classification levels.
• Strong prioritization, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to understand, create, and implement processes and system changes.
• Knowledge, understanding, and ability to accurately apply federal and state employment laws.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize workload yet be responsive to situations as they arise.
• Experience building collaborative teams, ensuring that team members are invested in team activities and decisions, setting a tone of cooperation within and across work groups to cohesively achieve a goal.
• Strong understanding of shared governance in a unionized environment and the ability to work collaboratively with collective bargaining associations (CBAs).
• Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems while ensuring these changes are thoroughly and successfully implemented.
• Strong decision-making skills, selecting an effective course of action by understanding issues, comparing solutions, and drawing conclusions to resolve problems.
• Authenticity, self-awareness, and transformational thinking with a high degree of emotional intelligence
• Demonstrated drive and passion for continuous improvement.
Company Name: Henry Ford College
Contact Email: EDHRSearch@hfcc.edu
Henry Ford College (HFC) is a public institution of higher education located in Dearborn, Michigan. Founded in 1938, HFC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and the Michigan Commission on College Accreditation. Henry Ford College is a comprehensive community college in the Dearborn and metro-Detroit area serving a large and diverse learning community (13,000 students/year) by providing outstanding education and high-quality certificate and degree programs that prepare students for successful career and transfer opportunities. As a student-centered, evidence-based college, our success is measured by the success of our students.