|Medical Office Assistant - Veteran's Services|
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 11/22/2022
Expire Date: 12/22/2022
Job Categories: Healthcare, Other
Medical Office Assistant - Veteran's Services|
Clinic Intake Specialists supporting the Veterans Evaluation Services (administered by Maximus) make an impact everyday by assisting providers and veterans on exam days in any manner needed. Primary responsibilities include general problem solving in a solutions-oriented manner for both providers and veterans as well as update case statuses as available. Candidates must possess the desire to assist our wounded veterans with a caring, positive, and patriotic attitude. To prepare you for this role, the VES provides paid, comprehensive training which ensures our specialists care for each Veteran with the highest levels of kindness, knowledge and professionalism.
*Must live in or near Stevens Point, WI.
**Candidates must be willing to travel to provide support to other clinics within the region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled exam;
- Display snacks/water/flags/veteran material in the provider’s waiting area and post VES signs in the door;
- Greet each veteran immediately, obtain medical history, any diagnostic results or medical records and provide sign in sheet;
- Provide information to the providers (worksheets/HX forms/day/face sheets), and assist with vitals (weight, height, blood pressure);
- Document and update OMS comments for everything you do pertaining to veterans and providers;
- Keep all veterans information private and confidential;
- Assist the veteran in any way needed;
- Always be courteous and respectful; and
- Adhere to local and externally relevant health and safety laws and policies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain cleanliness of the clinic/per- diem and exam rooms;
- Frequently utilizes computer, telephone, e- mail and e- fax;
- Communicate and assist other departments in a collaborative effort to expedite cases;
- Work effectively within a team dynamic;
- Adapt to new instructions, requests or procedures as provided;
- Maintain a high sense of urgency at all times; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate knowledge of pertinent medical terminology;
- Advanced verbal and interpersonal skills;
- Advanced written communication skills, to include excellent grammar;
- Advanced reading and comprehension abilities;
- Advanced analytical skills and detail- oriented;
- Advanced multi- tasking skills;
- Advanced organizational and prioritization skills, with strong ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Proficient typing skills; and
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, general internet research, and beginner knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and
- One to two years training and/or certification in the medical field preferred.
Contact Name: James Austin
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.