|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Manager Clinical Management (Early Phase)|
Company: Otsuka Pharmaceuticals
Location: Princeton, NJ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 11/26/2022
Expire Date: 01/26/2023
Job Categories: Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical
Manager Clinical Management (Early Phase)|
Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of Otsuka clinical early phase studies, including coordination with other relevant parties (e.g., other Otsuka departments, contract vendors, etc.). Responsibilities include the planning, execution and completion of clinical trials according to applicable regulations and guidance; ICH Guidelines Good Clinical Practices (GCP), and Otsuka SOPs, within agreed-upon timeframes and budget.
• Provides oversight and project management of clinical studies at Otsuka, including planning, execution, and completion of clinical trials according to all applicable regulations and guidance, ICH/GCP, and Otsuka SOPs.
• Manage and facilitate development/review of all critical clinical study documents, including clinical protocols, informed consent forms, or other study-related clinical documents (e.g. Study Plans, Case Report Forms, Source Documents, Monitoring Plans, Data Management Plan, Project Management Plan, etc.)
• Provide clinical operations oversight in the identification, evaluation, and selection of CROs, outside vendors (e.g., central labs, central IRB, IVRS, etc.), and investigative sites.
• Supervise clinical team to ensure all clinical study activities are completed in accordance with applicable regulations and guidance; ICH GCP, and Otsuka SOPs.
• Manage, coordinate, and provide ongoing assessment, evaluation, and communication with other Otsuka departments (e.g., Regulatory, Drug Safety, and Clinical Trial Materials) and external vendors (CRO, consultants, etc.) to ensure study objectives/timelines are accomplished.
• Provide management personnel with timely updates on progress and changes in scope, schedule, and resources as required.
• Participate in forecasting study expenditures and resourcing needs
• Ensure internal clinical team and vendors manage and monitor study-related budget and expenses to meet forecast.
• Provide timely communication of any variances in budget forecast to the Clinical Department Head.
• Establish communication flow with CRO and investigative sites to maximize compliance with study protocol.
• Manage recruitment efforts and activities to meet study enrollment goals and timelines.
Knowledge/ Experience and Skills:
• 8+ years related experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, including 2+ years of management experience
• 3+ years demonstrated work experience of successfully managing clinical trials within the pharmaceutical industry, including CRO and contract vendor management, preferably in the CNS therapeutic area.
• Experience in management of international or global clinical trials is preferred
• Strong project management skills
• Experience in clinical site monitoring is preferred
• Experience in development of essential clinical study documents, including informed consent, monitoring plans, source documents, Case Report Forms (CRFs), study recruitment plans, etc.
• Experience in protocol development/writing is preferred
• Both working and theoretical knowledge of ICH GCP, clinical trials management with exposure to various phases of drug/trial development life cycle preferred (e.g., Phase I- IV, start-up through closeout), scientific methods, research design, regulatory compliance, and clinical data management.
• Demonstrated strengths in planning, organizational, analytical skills, oral and written communication, time management, conflict management, problem solving, and attention to detail.
• Ability to supervise, direct and lead team members as well as interact with other internal staff.
• Strong planning and organizational skills with ability to multi-task and plan activities as they relate to the management of clinical trials, ability to problem-solve.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills necessary to interface with physicians, outside vendors, consultants, and team members.
• Possess advanced computer skills (Microsoft applications, spreadsheets, etc.)
• Ability to work effectively within a team matrix as well as independently.
• Financial management skills as applicable to oversee project expenditures.
• Ability to travel up to 25% travel including ground and air required.
• Minimum BA/BS in life sciences or equivalent college program, and/or commensurate experience in the clinical research industry; Master's Degree preferred
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.
Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.