|Executive Coordinator to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer|
Company: The Nature Conservancy
Location: Based in Arlington, VA. May be hybrid (home/office, VA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 12/02/2022
Expire Date: 02/02/2023
Job Categories: Administrative and Support Services
Executive Coordinator to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer|
The Executive Coordinator (EC) is a dynamic and enthusiastic organizer and connector with an understanding of, and interest in, the operational side of running an efficient and effective global team. The position calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work well with all levels of internal management, staff and other stake holders.
The Executive Coordinator is responsible for a variety of strong organizational and proactive administrative and operational support to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer. The EC duties include inbox management, calendar and meeting management, travel arrangements, reporting and tracking information, processing expenses and other support as requested for the CMCO. The position will coordinate activities with multiple variables, setting realistic deadlines and managing timelines. They have great communications skills as they will communicate on behalf of the CMCO with staff in various programs across the Conservancy and other stakeholders and will effectively communicate or distribute information to assist staff in making decisions, solving problems, and improving workflow. They anticipate needs and act proactively.
They will perform administrative functions that may include human resources (including support with senior leaders recruiting), office operations, information systems and safety. The Executive Coordinator will provide guidance in satisfying requirements based on extensive knowledge of policies and procedures. They will adapt processes and implement recommended practices in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
As Executive Coordinator to the CMCO, you will:
• Actively manages calendaring/scheduling for the CMCO, including scheduling and coordinating logistics of meetings and internal events, such as Marketing and Communications Leadership Team (MACLT) retreats.
• Manages travel arrangement for domestic and international travel.
• Maintains a strong awareness of executive relationships (internal and external) and ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity, care, and discretion; Works collaboratively with the MACLT, Office of the CEO, Executive Leadership Team and Executive Leadership Team Executive Coordinators.
• Processes expenses of the CMCO and acts as a delegate to review/approve expense reports of CMCO direct reports,
• Processes invoices, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
• Assists with recruitment and onboarding for new Marketing and Communications Leadership team members and others as required by CMCO.
• Provides additional support as assigned on preparation of documents and presentations.
• Acts independently and in supervisor’s stead as needed; exercises independent judgment to identify and solve complex problems.
• Ensure programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards, and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance; Decisions may bind the organization financially or legally
• May assist with vendor management and contracting with vendors.
• Maintains confidentiality of frequently sensitive and emotionally charged information.
• May supervise one or more administrative or professional staff, responsibility includes training and professional development.
• Travel, work long and flexible hours as needed.
• Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines
Are you looking for work you can believe in? Are you a detail-oriented, adaptable professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills? Do you have a sense of humor and finds satisfaction in making things run smoothly? Do you love working with different people to achieve your goals?
We’re looking for an Executive Coordinator who will be a key member of TNC’s Marketing and Communications team. The MAC team is a high-powered group of expert communicators and marketers who operate at the heart of TNC’s mission to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. The Executive Coordinator will report into the CMCO.
Ideal candidates will have creative problem-solving skills; a focus on executive enablement; and a mastery of Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Acrobat with an ability to learn new tools quickly.
At TNC we strive to embody a philosophy of Work that You Can Believe in where you can feel like you are making a difference every day. Come join TNC and apply today!
What You’ll Bring:
You have all of these:
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination, including 2 years providing direct administrative support to a senior manager
• Experience managing and implementing multiple projects
• Experience negotiating agreements
• Experience supervising staff, interns, and/or volunteers
• Experience with current technology in relevant field
• Experience working with a wide range of people, such as board of directors, donors, volunteers, and/or all levels of staff
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
You have all or some of these:
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated
• Ability to anticipate needs, be proactive
• Strong professional communications skills - written as well as verbal/oral
• Strong organization, planning, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees including executive/senior staff, Board of Trustees, dignitaries and other special representatives
• Ability to take initiative and work independently and appropriately prioritize tasks
• Ability to manage and implement complex processes and diverse activities
• Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, Google Documents
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills
• Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative role
• Advanced knowledge in current and evolving technology utilized for domestic and international travel, cost expensing
Company Name: The Nature Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube or on Glassdoor. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.” Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, we impact conservation throughout the world! The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan including employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work wellbeing benefits. Learn more about our benefits at in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers. We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, wellbeing, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!