|Operations Specialist - University Registrar|
Company: University of Tennessee
Location: Knoxville, TN
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 01/25/2023
Expire Date: 03/25/2023
Job Categories: Education
Operations Specialist - University Registrar|
The Office of the University Registrar at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, (UTK) invites applications and nominations for our Operations Specialist, Undergraduate Curriculum and Catalog position. We are seeking candidates who can contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University.
Applications received within the first 2 weeks (14 days) of the job posting date will receive priority review.
This is an on-campus position with some hybrid/remote work schedule flexibility.
The Operations Specialist (Curriculum & Catalog) is an entry level position, reporting directly to the Assistant Registrar for Curriculum and Catalog Management. The position, under the direction of the Assistant Registrar and the Coordinator (Curriculum & Catalog), assists with the operations required for undergraduate curricular and catalog systems, including the curricular management system (Curriculog), catalog management system (Acalog), and curricular information in the student information system (Banner). Under the supervision of the Assistant Registrar, the Specialist will support in the processing of undergraduate curricular proposals in the Office of the University Registrar. The position will support the work of the Assistant Registrar and Coordinator to publish the annual Undergraduate Catalog, and assist with the data entry needed in Banner for courses and academic programs. Under the direction of the Assistant Registrar, the Specialist will provide outstanding customer service and guidance to faculty partners in the colleges on the mechanics of curricular submissions and Catalog changes.
Required Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 1-year experience in a professional or customer-facing setting and exhibiting excellent organizational skills, the ability to coordinate with colleagues, a precise attention to detail, solid written and oral communication skills, a proficiency in office software with an interest in learning new software, and a professional demeanor when working with management, staff, and visitors.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• 1 year of experience in Registrar’s or Student Services office including knowledge of university policies and procedures and familiarity with undergraduate or graduate curricula management and/or development.
• Any previous experience working directly with Banner, Acalog, and/or Curriculog is a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Due to the complexity of the curriculum of a large university, the position requires:
• Excellent organizational skills
• Significant coordination capability
• Precise attention to detail
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficient computer skills
• Interest in and comfort with new and emerging software and technology
• Strong customer service skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Working knowledge and experience with student information systems, preferably Banner
• Working knowledge and experience with curricular management systems, preferably Curriculog
• Working knowledge and experience with catalog management systems, preferably Acalog
Company Name: University of Tennessee
UT is the state’s flagship research institution, a campus of choice for outstanding undergraduates, and a premier graduate institution. Enrolling more than 30,000 students, the campus is in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains in beautiful East Tennessee. As a land-grant university, UT fulfills its access mission through a commitment to excellence in learning, scholarship, and engagement. The Enrollment Management (EM) division comprises more than 150 full-time staff who serve our students through the following departments and functions: Undergraduate Admissions, International Recruitment, Transfer Center, One Stop Student Services, Financial Aid and Scholarships, University Registrar, EM Communications, and Research & Analytics. EEO/AA Statement /Non-Discrimination Statement The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), ADA (disability), ADEA (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED), 1840 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996-3560, telephone (865) 974-2498 (V/TTY available) or 974-2440. Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity.