|Regional Recruiter (Winston Salem, NC area) - Office of Undergraduate Admissions|
Company: University of Tennessee
Location: Knoxville, TN
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 01/25/2023
Expire Date: 03/25/2023
Job Categories: Education
Regional Recruiter (Winston Salem, NC area) - Office of Undergraduate Admissions|
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, (UTK) invites applications and nominations for our Regional Recruiter position. This position will be located in the Winston Salem, North Carolina area. We are seeking candidates who can contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University.
Applications received within the first 2 weeks (14 days) of the job posting date will receive priority review.
This position develops, coordinates and implements strategic recruitment initiatives for a defined territory, designed to attract prospective students and generate applications. This position will assist with establishing recruitment goals for a specific territory by leveraging data from institutional sources, assessments (ACT & SAT), and external sources to develop a work plan and conduct market analysis. This data driven approach informs territory goals, recruitment goals, and ultimately drives the planning and strategy needed to achieve the University’s enrollment goals. This position will counsel a diverse population of prospective students and parents, while representing UTK and Undergraduate Admissions at various recruitment events. This position will coordinate and manage a schedule for travel, high school visits, college fairs and office duties. This position will engage in the holistic review of first-year student applications to determine admission. This position will reside in the area of Winston Salem, North Carolina.
Required Education and Experience:
• Experience in undergraduate admissions, counseling, or advising at a regionally accredited college or university.
• Student worker experience or volunteer work in college admissions, recruitment, and peer counseling/advising is acceptable and will be considered.
• Experience giving oral presentations.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, data driven decision making and relationship building.
• Territory management, report building and maintenance, and the use of data driven decision making for planning and strategy development.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Attention to detail, writing, listening and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to independently and strategically plan visits, events and presentations for prospective students.
• Ability to lift, transport and distribute objects up to 40 pounds.
• Oral presentation and public speaking skills.
• Knowledge of university admissions process.
• Ability to problem solve and research solutions.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of university travel policies.
• Ability to work with new technologies to enhance recruitment.
Company Name: University of Tennessee
UT is the state’s flagship research institution, a campus of choice for outstanding undergraduates, and a premier graduate institution. Enrolling more than 30,000 students, the campus is in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains in beautiful East Tennessee. As a land-grant university, UT fulfills its access mission through a commitment to excellence in learning, scholarship, and engagement. The Enrollment Management (EM) division comprises more than 150 full-time staff who serve our students through the following departments and functions: Undergraduate Admissions, International Recruitment, Transfer Center, One Stop Student Services, Financial Aid and Scholarships, University Registrar, EM Communications, and Research & Analytics. EEO/AA Statement /Non-Discrimination Statement The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), ADA (disability), ADEA (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED), 1840 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996-3560, telephone (865) 974-2498 (V/TTY available) or 974-2440. Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity.