|Upper School Spanish Teacher|
Company: The Harpeth Hall School
Location: Nashville, TN
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 01/30/2023
Expire Date: 03/30/2023
Job Categories: Education
Upper School Spanish Teacher|
The Harpeth Hall School seeks a full-time upper school Spanish teacher. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, student-centered Spanish teacher with an enthusiasm for working with high school students. We seek a teacher with a commitment to innovative pedagogy and collaboration with colleagues, excellent writing and communication skills as well as relevant technology skills to enhance pedagogy. The ideal candidate will demonstrate fluency and be an experienced Spanish instructor capable of teaching the language at multiple levels. A bachelorís degree is required; teaching experience and a masterís degree are preferred. Harpeth Hall is committed to an inclusive program, and candidates with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion work are encouraged to apply. This position is full-time for the 2023-24 academic year and will include being an advisor and sponsor of assigned co-curricular activities. This position begins August 1, 2023.
● Plan, prepare, and create activities for multiple levels of Spanish classes on a daily basis, teaching lessons that correspond with the school's curriculum.
● Monitor the progress of students on a lesson-by-lesson basis, offering extra practice and instruction when needed.
● Create, administer, and grade writing, speaking, reading, and listening evaluations, tests, and quizzes.
● Offer individual assistance outside of class to students who need extra help.
● Communicate with students, advisors, and parents through comments, emails, phone calls, conferences, and Schoology (our online learning management system).
● Attend and participate fully in meetings with department members in the Upper School, as well as additional meetings with other departments and divisions.
● Supervise advisees, monitor their academic progress, and advise them on ways to improve their performance. Manage family conferences once per semester and communicate with parents of advisees as needed.
● Perform other duties such as maintaining and updating the Schoology page on a daily basis, proctoring study hall, documenting curriculum, and writing report card comments.
Candidates should complete an online application and submit a letter of interest, resume, references, and a statement of educational philosophy at harpethhall.org.
A bachelorís degree is required; teaching experience and a masterís degree are preferred.
Company Name: The Harpeth Hall School
Harpeth Hall is an independent college preparatory school for young women where each student realizes her highest intellectual ability in the sciences, the humanities, and the arts, and discovers her creative and athletic talents. Harpeth Hall develops responsible citizens who have global perspectives and make meaningful contributions to their communities and the world. With a tradition of excellence and a commitment to life-long learning, Harpeth Hall educates young women to think critically, to lead confidently, and to live honorably.